Premed 101 Forums

Marijuana

blind_synergy

Smoke?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Smoke?

• I smoke regularly...
    • I smoke on certain occassions, like parties...
    • I've tried it or would like to...
    • I've never tried it and never will...

Totally agree with Tango and there are absolutely no welfare programs for individuals growing up in these terrible neighbor hoods, Reagan through those out the window a while ago. The incarceration of black males in California alone is staggering, imagine growing up without a father, imagine what that does to you as a child. To quote another rapper lol ice cube " I am from a state where the ****ing terminator is the governor." seriously they need to get rid of that moron haha

I don't agree with you on this but given the delicate topics we are approaching I'm not even going to touch it.

Let's get back to the original topic of weed

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stop listening to Rap music and start thinking for yourself

Dude, no offense, but you're the one who's evoked numerous logical fallacies and approached arguments with a "because that's the way it should be" attitude. I don't like Tupac any more than you do, but you should still stay reasonable.

Do you know what anything about rodney king and the LAPD trials, look up into your american history before you bring up police officers into this. " The best tool to destroy a society is to oppress them to a point where they become the instruments of their own destruction"

Rodney King?? Really that's the best you've got? The man was driving drunk, refused to stop for a police officer and started a high speed chase. He put many innocent people in danger. Hes your hero?

what you need to do is start listening to rap music lol. I don't just listen to rap, I listen to everything firstly and I do think for myself. I just like to listen to rappers from neighbor hoods, I was fortunate not to grow up in and realize how lucky I am. It's not just music, it's poetry as corny as it sounds lol. Fair enough?

I use rap music sometimes to get myself pumped up, it works great for that.

But the lyrics?? come on man, they're usually pretty bad

Ever listened to mos def, immortal technique, political rappers are great dead prez as well. It depends, I know it's off topic, but rap music has gone to ****, but you can still dig up thought provoking songs.

Hahaha. I've listened to all of them. They're biased but theres much one can gain from it.

You clearly didn't read the part about the police brutality and what about the LA riots. I don't think you realize the issues that were going on at that time, I recommend you get more informed. Here is a quote from RFK, I hope you know who that is and it speaks of LA perfectly "Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on."

I know about the riots and the beating and the racial issues going on there at the time. I think we may have drastically different opinions about what led to the whole situation and what should have been done. Let's just leave it at that.

As to the RFK quote, i agree. A society that makes a criminal into a hero deserves more criminals.

Ill check back later, have an exam tuesday lol

it is INCREDIBLY easy to get access to marijuana. Avoid the dealers altogether. There are places in British Columbia with online catalogues. You browse the site, select your product, send them cash/money order and they ship it to your mailbox in a vacuum-sealed (no scent) package.

I've heard of guys getting 2000$ orders shipped this way.

Or you can just grow it in your backyard in the summers, harvest the seeds, and regrow next summer. My friend actually made a high quality crop in his backyard like that LOL! Only took him 3 summers to get a large and high quality yield.

Anyway, next election let's all vote something other than Conservative and get the ball rolling on this.

We need someone young with balls. Like P. Trudeau. A lot of people may not have liked him and maybe he made some dumb policy decisions but, man, that was at least guy who stuck by his ideals and didn't put up with bureaucracy bull****.

It's funny the amount of misconceptions and ignorance that exists here. to the few people that said they tried it and didn't like it, i respect your opinion, but i have to say that mostly likely you had no idea how to use it or used it in the wrong atmosphere. Plus the first few experiences really don't count :D . you are just getting used to all the little funny physical feelings. just putting that out there.

i don't view weed as a party drug. actually, the times when i smoke it in a crowd are not fun at all (or different). it's just a relaxing thing that makes you experience music on a whole new level.. music will never be the same (the right type of music).. also if you are with the right crowd (in my opinion a small crowd of likely minded people) then you will enjoy amazing discussions and it will give you insight and new ideas that you can simply either keep or think of again (if you remember!) once you are not high anymore.

It enhances creativity and actually inhibits you more in the presence of other people who are not high.. it's not like Alcohol at all. Actually you can even sense that from the people who deal it. weed dealers tend to be nice and chill.. nothing like the typical drug dealer of the hard stuff.

you are way more aware of yourself and your surroundings when you are high on weed.. your senses are amplified (thus music, food, sex, comedy and action movies.. they are all better).. this leads to more social inhibition in my opinion. alcohol on the other hand knocks you out and you are less aware of your environment.. so people can become violent, loud, etc (not to mention the physical manifestation or lack of balance etc)

i smoke every now and then.. not much but since at least 2-3 years now. I have a Master's in neuroscience so i did a fair bit of research into it. Actually recently i did a presentation for highschool kids on neuroscience and wanted to gear it towards the dangers of drugs.. when it was time for Marijuana i felt i was lying and exaggerating the dangers a lot.. it was my first presentation and i wasn't going to sound like i'm encouraging it!

will i recommend it to a younger brother or sister? no. especially if they are less than 16-15.. definitely not. i sense there might be some evidence of problems in the literature for that age group. but frankly i would feel more furious if i know they picked up a habit of smoking vs. smoked weed a couple of times. Yet smoking is all too common. I also would not recommend weed for someone who is just starting his undergrad or in a busy period of their lives.. it might make you lazy or a bit forgetful. i feel like it's better to be in more control of your life if you wanna smoke it so you don't tend to find solace in it and indulge too much and neglect your education.. but this is all about how responsible the person is.. to say that the drug itself is harmful or even "mildly" addictive is a strong statement.

there is a lot to say on the matter.. i just wanted to say that it's a little harmless thing, way less harmful than most of the legal things in our society and people, especially premed who will be doctors, need be more open-minded and do some research before being very judging on the matter.

Terrific post username, I totally agree, I rather my younger siblings try it a few times, rather then them pick up the habit of smoking cigarettes. Me personally I gave up smoking when I came to university, it was a really bad decision and even though I am for it, I have made myself strongly think it will harm my work ethic. I realized a few months ago after trying it, that it actually made me realize how unproductive I am when I study, so for me personally, it is beneficial to do it cause, it get's me thinking. Anyways bottom line me quitting weed made me pick up the habit of smoking hookah, anyone ever tried it? Opinions

Probably not the best choice.

"There is a myth that hookah smoking is safer than smoking cigarettes because the hookah smoke is filtered through water before it is inhaled. But recent studies have found that hookah smokers actually inhale more nicotine than do cigarette smokers because of the massive volume of smoke they inhale…

According to a recent World Health Organization (WHO) advisory, a typical one-hour session of hookah smoking exposes the user to 100 to 200 times the volume of smoke inhaled from a single cigarette. Even after passing through the water, the tobacco smoke produced still contains high levels of toxic compounds, including carbon monoxide, heavy metals and cancer-causing chemicals (carcinogens)."

From the Mayo clinic.

Yeah I've tried Hooka (i'm middle eastern) and I personally don't like it at all. it makes me dizzy in an uncomfortable way. I was told that it's worse on the lungs. apart from the fact that you would consume more smoke, the smoke itself is moistened in the water and this supposedly makes it more readily absorbed or stuck to your lungs.. it's supposed to be cooler temperature but it seems this has it's drawbacks. also i heard that having the coal burn on top of aluminum foil might give you alzheimer's?? sounds a bit weird considerng aluminum foil is used in ovens and such.. (but never direct fire?), i didn't find studies on that but just something to consider.

another thing regarding weed. It's getting pretty popular in the middle east but in the form of Hashish. i got the chance to try that in Damascus recently and it sucks lol and is pretty tedious to make. it comes in the form of some little brown rocks (i guess compressed cannabis) and then you burn it slightly with a flame to make it soft so you can mold it and break it up and make it a joint (mixed with tobacco).. the effects are much less and the tobacco adds an uncomfortable feeling of nausia initially.. Makes you appreciate good ol Canadian Marijuana!

Yeah I've tried Hooka (i'm middle eastern) and I personally don't like it at all. it makes me dizzy in an uncomfortable way. I was told that it's worse on the lungs. apart from the fact that you would consume more smoke, the smoke itself is moistened in the water and this supposedly makes it more readily absorbed or stuck to your lungs.. it's supposed to be cooler temperature but it seems this has it's drawbacks. also i heard that having the coal burn on top of aluminum foil might give you alzheimer's?? sounds a bit weird considerng aluminum foil is used in ovens and such.. (but never direct fire?), i didn't find studies on that but just something to consider.

another thing regarding weed. It's getting pretty popular in the middle east but in the form of Hashish. i got the chance to try that in Damascus recently and it sucks lol and is pretty tedious to make. it comes in the form of some brown socks (i guess compressed cannabis) and then you burn it slightly with a flame to make it soft so you can mold it and break it up and make it a join (mixed with tobacco).. the effects are much less and the tobacco adds an uncomfortable feeling of nausia initially.. Makes you appreciate good ol Canadian Marijuana!

My brother's been all over the world (really smart master's student in electrophysiology, I think); he's told me the best marijuana he's had is either Canadian or Dutch. He's gone to the Middle East and smoked local stuff there. He said it was awful; he's white so maybe they didn't break out the good stuff?

My buddy's got a Hooka (I acutally think it's more popular with white kids now, lol). It's okay for like fifteen minutes, not marathon sessions.

Isn't marijuana and alcohol not Halal, though?

I think the worst part of weed remaining illegal is all the bull$hit stereotypes ignorant people have of smokers. People are going to have vices, and I'd rather it be weed than something else. The best I ever did in school was when I gave up drinking and smoked instead. I wasn't hungover and out of it all the time like so many undergrads are after a week of partying and I actually enjoyed studying. It's a problem if you are wake n baking and constantly high, but if you just want to chill out with some buddies and watch Colbert, there isn't a more wholesome vice out there.

He's gone to the Middle East and smoked local stuff there. He said it was awful; he's white so maybe they didn't break out the good stuff?

Isn't marijuana and alcohol not Halal, though?

If he tried Hashish then it very well might have been awful. In general however locals are all about impressing and being hospitable to tourists.. so i would assume they would use the best kind.

re Halal thing i'm not sure cuz i'm not muslim. i know alcohol for sure is not.. but weed i don't know because smoking cigarettes is fine. But it's punished severely by law. To get caught brining in even a tiny bit is considered the same as if you were smuggling heroin and that means you are really f*cked! A friend of mine smuggled some though :D there are ways to do that (place it inside a bag that contains grounded coffee but a huge risk nonetheless)

If he tried Hashish then it very well might have been awful. In general however locals are all about impressing and being hospitable to tourists.. so i would assume they would use the best kind.

re Halal thing i'm not sure cuz i'm not muslim. i know alcohol for sure is not.. but weed i don't know because smoking cigarettes is fine. But it's punished severely by law. To get caught brining in even a tiny bit is considered the same as if you were smuggling heroin and that means you are really f*cked! A friend of mine smuggled some though :D there are ways to do that (place it inside a bag that contains grounded coffee but a huge risk nonetheless)

Or you could insert a small bag of it up the poo poo duct.

I just talked to my bro and he said they kept apologizing to him and telling him it wasn't the right season (he said he wasn't complaining so...).

As for the next topic, I have a Pakistani (first time out of Pakistan) room-mate who explained a lot of the Qu'uran and Muslim traditions to me. Substances that alter your mind are a no-no. Still, Muslims apparently don't view smoking weed as badly as drinking (he said a large number of people, including peace officers, smoke). My room-mate eventually decided he wanted to experiment and got the name of a dealer off of me. Weed was the first thing he tried. Then alcohol. Now he does both regularly. Still won't eat chicken that hasn't been slaughtered by hand, though.

Archived