Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Support Thread

Randolph, keep in mind the class sizes changed. Earlier there may have been 107 in the anglo stream, but now, there are 116. The 87 is coming from, 117-200, right joshb? I hope I interpreted that correctly, or else I may have confused people more!

hey joshb- wheres the ~87 from? You mean the 97 from your quote there ,right? I'm even confused where the 97 is coming from... doesn't 107 + 97 need to equal 200??? Confuzzled

I believe there are also more than 60-70 movements in previous years. 60-70 is the known number of rejections in previous years. Movements in the waitlist also occur from persons not rejecting but simply withdrawing from it, this is an unknown number, however... I approximated this to be ~20 in producing the 85/95 good WL experiencing movement

hi shafted, yeah, the #s do seem quite optimistic. Seems like we're playing a game of broken telephone though. We can only hope they're accurate :) hehe

I'm using the up-to-200goodWL which I am not sure about. It is, however, probably for the English from what I've read in past threads.

if there are years where they dip into the bad waitlist, then the above is given some credit. does anyone have a source for occurrences of reaching the bad WL?

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh dear, i am sorry if i confused some people, but yes as med88 said, 117-200 was what i was referring to (I have no idea how i came up with 87 but, people #117-200 would mean there are 84 good wait-listed individuals!!)

Randolph, keep in mind the class sizes changed. Earlier there may have been 107 in the anglo stream, but now, there are 116. The 87 is coming from, 117-200, right joshb? I hope I interpreted that correctly, or else I may have confused people more!

Yeah who knows really. We might be writing a fiction.

I am relying on info from a person who heard that list goes up to #200 (so #116 + 84 individuals for this year) from an info session, and got off from the WLs last year. I am just wondering how I cannot seem to find this information from this year's applicants who attended the info session (I didn't and am regretting it somewhat :/)

But anyway, yes we might be talking non-sense at the moment...

Thanks to NHL, I can at least get my mind off from worrying about this every other day for now.

Yeah who knows really. We might be writing a fiction.

I am relying on info from a person who heard that list goes up to #200 (so #116 + 87 individuals for this year) from an info session, and got off from the WLs last year. I am just wondering how I cannot seem to find this information from this year's applicants who attended the info session (I didn't and am regretting it somewhat :/)

But anyway, yes we might be talking non-sense at the moment...

Thanks to NHL, I can at least get my mind off from worrying about this every other day for now.

LOL! Lab work and Hockey are truly aiding me in taking my mind off of things. Also, I was wondering if anyone had a source for the statement: "ranks 1-200 compose the list of excellence." If this is a true fact, then the speculations and theoretical math might just be accurate. :)

Cheers.

I emailed Ottawa meds and told them about UofT early acceptance off the waitlist prior to May 27. I asked them if Ottawa would also be offering waitlist spots as soon as they become available. They replied saying that they have heard of UofT's policy but it is hard for them to change their policy mid way through. So they stated that atleast for this year, waitlister's will only hear after May 27. They will look into this matter for next year.

I think this is good for people on Ottawa's waitlist because people with other offers who are on Ottawa's waitlist and may have Ottawa as their first choice may be forced to accept at another school. Good luck to all on the waitlist

DAMN IT!:mad: lol:p (I corrected the error above)

Okay I am gonna try last time in case people are confused...(forgive me!!!!!!)

So first 116 people are initially given acceptances

THEN, people from 117 to 200 are good waitlisted. This means there are 84 people on good waiting list.

Was this clearer? I am sorry if I am the one causing too much confusion - I did not intend to *cries*

Hopefully this is the case because if it is true, odds are pretty good!

joshb u did it againnnnnnnnnn 116+87 is confuzzling lolllllll

hi yas, yeah you're correct there. it has to be, however, with the added condition that it happens disproportionately with ottawa waitlistees

I think this is good for people on Ottawa's waitlist because people with other offers who are on Ottawa's waitlist and may have Ottawa as their first choice may be forced to accept at another school. Good luck to all on the waitlist

That actually works out really good for us lot that are only sitting on Ottawa's waitlist.

Should we contact them regarding how long the good waitlist is on said list of excellence?!? It may seem a bit desperate though! lol

that would be an excellent idea as we no longer have to speculate and come up with our numerical theories and ideas lol

That actually works out really good for us lot that are only sitting on Ottawa's waitlist.

Should we contact them regarding how long the good waitlist is on said list of excellence?!? It may seem a bit desperate though! lol

that would be an excellent idea as we no longer have to speculate and come up with our numerical theories and ideas lol

Yes, it would be great and it would sort out a lot of uncertainty. I want to be optimistic and all, but 84 people just sounds too good to be true.

On another positive note, Mac is also sending out offers as soon as they become available. UT and Mac being the more "popular" schools improves our odds quite a bit.

year i hear ya. the odds sound too good to be true...yet there gotta be a good reason why it is called GOOD WLs...

but again what do i know really lol

anyone in ottawa willing to give them a call? or I will e-mail them (as i will get charged for a long distance call)

Yes, it would be great and it would sort out a lot of uncertainty. I want to be optimistic and all, but 84 people just sounds too good to be true.

On another positive note, Mac is also sending out offers as soon as they become available. UT and Mac being the more "popular" schools improves our odds quite a bit.

Hey everyone,

An e-mail regarding this speculation has departed, to be reached and read (and hopefully answered!!!) by an admission admin!

I will update as soon as i hear back from them :)

i think an occurrence of reaching the bad waitlist would lend a lot of credibility to these numbers.. if anyone can find some :P

Awesome, joshb! I gave Chantal Renaud a call just now seeing as I just got back from work, but obviously got her voicemail. Thanks a lot!

Hey everyone,

An e-mail regarding this speculation has departed, to be reached and read (and hopefully answered!!!) by an admission admin!

I will update as soon as i hear back from them :)

I'm with randolph on this... well.. not the sweet home love :o BUT, I am extremely happy that people are calling/emailing to try and figure this out. Thank you!

I feel bad for those who are WL at their number one school but have an acceptance elsewhere. Well, a LITTLE bad. But really, this whole process seems insane. I read a post in the Queens forum that the lady at Queens actually kept the student on the phone and checked the UofT admissions blog to see that they were indeed moving before the 27th. Crazy.

So now UofT, Mac and UWO are moving before the 27th? And Ottawa and Queens aren't?

joshb, what was the question in your email that you sent out to ottawa?

chrail, I think it is a good thing for us that ottawa waitlist isn't moving while mac, uoft and western is moving because they are quite popular schools. It may open up some spots for us on the waitlist. I hope.

I hadn't heard about UWO doing it for sure, but I heard they were considering it.

Anyhow, the more schools that move their waitlists early, the better it is for us, although Ottawa has confirmed they wouldn't be doing so this year. At least now we know we aern't hearing anything until the 27th.

i really hope ALL of us get calls on the 27th!!! :D

who are you guys cheering for in the NHL playoffs? NBA?? I really want Philly to cream Montreal and I'm going for Orlando in the NBA, just because im sick of the Lakers winning everything!

I can't believe we're still waiting AT LEAST another week and a bit.

My sanity is slowly going...:(

Archived