Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Support Thread

I think that since they don't overaccept, they'll send out WL offers based on the number of refusals. It doesn't matter if they hear from the majority first, an empty seat in the class is an empty seat, regardless. Alot of people have a definite first choice, and would have decided earlier than the 27th.

Touche, that makes a lot of sense

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hope i don't have to meet any of you guys if we happen to be in the same class (:o )... because i don't want to be known as the homo-love guy

esp not joshb, who tricked me and is now planning a sexual harassment lawsuit against me

goddamnittt! and damn you joshb

i hope i don't have to meet any of you guys if we happen to be in the same class (:o )... because i don't want to be known as the homo-love guy

esp not joshb, who tricked me and is now planning a sexual harassment lawsuit against me

Speaking of meeting people.... what day did you guys interview on? I interviewed on March 1st @9:30am.

Cheers.

LOL you are funny!!! If we both get in, i will try to track you down. I can sense that we will get along very well :D

At 0900hrs my phone rang and it was a blocked number. My heart jumped into my throat!!! But, it was just my work calling for an overtime shift. Oh lordy... I don't think this waiting is very good for me!!!

I hope someone on the forum gets a call today!

Oh lordy... I don't think this waiting is very good for me!!!

I think my disappointment shows through every time I answer the phone! People are going to start thinking I'm not happy to hear from them, e.g. my grandfather calling me at 9:20am today haha.

Guest viscous
At 0900hrs my phone rang and it was a blocked number. My heart jumped into my throat!!! But, it was just my work calling for an overtime shift. Oh lordy... I don't think this waiting is very good for me!!!

I hope someone on the forum gets a call today!

that happened to me for every Wed and Thurs for three weeks when I was expecting to hear from Jefferson medical college, US. I did not get any call. Thanks God. I am in a better place now. Dont let anxiety drive you mad. It drove me insane when i would panic at every phone call I'd receive.

............SHAFT!........ i interviewed on march 24th

When I was in Ottawa, (I drove there, booyattawa! ruining mileage on car!) I was really surprised at how small the city was in comparison to my lovely TO. I'm hoping, however, that there are numerous randolphs around as well as in our class. Randolphs a pretty common name, right? I'm crossing my fingers that the rumors won't start again.

well joshb, who the heck does have the name joshb? you? maybe its short for... joshabelle. yeah that sounds right

You know, these posts are giving me the idea of a very cruel prank call. HRM... anyone wanna do it?

No - I'm not submitting a TRF. If they wanted us to do this they would have asked us in the WL email.

If you're accepted after the date I'm sure they will be more than accomodating in helping you with whatever you may need.

No - I'm not submitting a TRF. If they wanted us to do this they would have asked us in the WL email.

If you're accepted after the date I'm sure they will be more than accomodating in helping you with whatever you may need.

...Sorry for the stupid question, but what's a TRF?

...Sorry for the stupid question, but what's a TRF?

Transcript request form (final submission to OMSAS so they can get your transcripts and forward it to the school/s)

-----------

If I don't get in this year, I'm going to feel pretty stupid. Last year, I turned down SLP, OT, PT, and epi program and a clinical psych program. I could have very well had a masters for next year :(

Here's hoping for the best.

Did they actually start calling or is "valeria" a troll (I am SO SORRY if you are not, but sometimes there are evil evil evil trolls who mess up with our already anxious life!!)?

Or it could be that it is moving REALLY slow and those who got off might not be using this forum. From the look of it, other schools' WLs are either moving very slowly or not at all...

I guess we will some changes closer to the 27th.

Guest Mr. Nash
Did they actually start calling or is "valeria" a troll (I am SO SORRY if you are not, but sometimes there are evil evil evil trolls who mess up with our already anxious life!!)?

Or it could be that it is moving REALLY slow and those who got off might not be using this forum. From the look of it, other schools' WLs are either moving very slowly or not at all...

one of my close friends just got off the waitlist yesterday morning actually (her name is not valeria though lol and ottawa is not her top choice as she has other acceptances too), so i think they did start calling.

That could be true. I never even thought of it though. I just thought they were a lurker who thought it would be nice to share into the thread but I mean, they do only have two posts. But keep in mind I confirmed with Chantal that they're starting to be sent out. I suspect we will see more

movement next week and clser to the 27th.

Oh that's good to know. Let's hope she doesn't accept Ottawa then.

one of my close friends just got off the waitlist yesterday morning actually (her name is not valeria though lol and ottawa is not her top choice as she has other acceptances too), so i think they did start calling.

I really did receive a call yesterday...I'm not trying to make anyone panic or anything like that. I just thought this info might be useful to those who are waiting. I usually don't post that much to forums, I'm not that comfortable with it, so that's why I only have a couple posts. Sorry if I scared anyone, I really didn't mean to do that. I hope you all hear good news soon - best of luck.

Archived