Premed 101 Forums

Grade change after "official" date has passed

Just wondering if anyone has had a grade changed after marks have become official?

I found out an addition error on my final today that would change my grade by 4%. Worth complaining about? or no chance?

Yes! It is. They have to change your grade if there has been a mistake in the calculation of your grade.

Yeah, I've had a couple changed due to addition errors after the marks became official. It wasn't a problem, because I wasn't asking for "more marks", I was just asking for the "correct mark". The profs were happy to make the changes. Just let him/her know, they should be fine with it, if they are reasonable people.

4% is a big deal, so I'd do it. Hell, 1% is a big deal, because that can be the difference between 3.3 and 3.7, 3.7 and 3.9 and so on.

Yes, I have. Twice I had a professor forget to turn in their grades on time (two different profs) and I ended up with a grade of "Not Submitted" that later got changed. In one case it took a couple of months before it got fixed. Not quite the same situation you're in, but I think the point is that it's not that hard for them to change your grade if necessary.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

It may or may not result in a letter grade change (depends if my original grade was rounded up or down). I'm also working for this prof (in his lab), which may or may not change things. The tests were lying around so I looked at them ... moral of the story .. always check grades that seem iffy! haha

Just wondering if anyone has had a grade changed after marks have become official?

I found out an addition error on my final today that would change my grade by 4%. Worth complaining about? or no chance?

Same here - I have done it several times myself. Go for it :)

Archived