Premed 101 Forums

Experience Description

Just a warning... in the last year they still allowed rejected applicants to see their scores in each section of the NAQ, the weighting was Leadership: 2.5, Service: 5, diversity: 5, capacity: 5, high performance: 2.5. I don't believe they showed you a score for your essay or for your employment history.

Sorry did I miss this? I never saw my scores in these sections? How about this year? I thought you just got your NAQ and AQ and interview score?

Thanks

Hey guys, couple of questions about the application itself:

(1) I was part of two research projects in which I did most of the data gathering (retrospective study done through patient charts, etc) and I also presented a poster on each. Which section would you put this activity under?

(2) Granted, I've only made it about half way through the application so far, but I imagine we need to provide details on verifiers for each activity we mention. Does that part come later on? and What kind of info will they need? Name and email/phone number type of info?

Thanks a ton!

Just a warning... in the last year they still allowed rejected applicants to see their scores in each section of the NAQ, the weighting was Leadership: 2.5, Service: 5, diversity: 5, capacity: 5, high performance: 2.5. I don't believe they showed you a score for your essay or for your employment history.

Sorry did I miss this? I never saw my scores in these sections? How about this year? I thought you just got your NAQ and AQ and interview score?

Thanks

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant in the very last year that they still gave out that breakdown (as in 2006/7 or something), that was the breakdown (2.5, 5, 5, 5, 2.5). They stopped doing it awhile ago. The amount of insight into how they do the point assignment is so limited these days, I figure every little bit helps, even if the info is four years old.

Good luck!

With regards to being part of a club in an executive role, how would you go about listing hours for this as it's not exactly a consistent role (not specifically daily, weekly etc.). In my case, I've been with a club since January and have held 2 events (1 major and 1 minor) in that time period.

For my club executive roles, I keep track of the amount of time actually spent on the role (e.g. 20 min emailing, an hour typing out correspondence etc) plus any meeting times involved. Bit of a pain, but otherwise I'd have no idea what to put down.

For one of my roles last year I forgot to do this, and had to make a rough (and conservative) estimate. Then I asked a fellow club member if they agreed with the tally and were willing to act as verifier on it.

Quick question regarding the experience description:

Without an essay, 250 characters is pretty short to say what we did/skills learned from each activity; what do you guys think of writing in point form?

I am taking it kind of as a resume approach, with points for major activities done, and attributes/knowledge gained from each experience...

What are your thoughts?

So how do we incorporate travel into our Non-Academic Experiences? I can see that it can be incorporated into Diversity of Experiences, but do we put one entry for each international trip we've made or just one general entry for all trips we've made since high school?

I'm afraid that it could start looking redundant after 5 or so entries of practically the same thing.

So how do we incorporate travel into our Non-Academic Experiences? I can see that it can be incorporated into Diversity of Experiences, but do we put one entry for each international trip we've made or just one general entry for all trips we've made since high school?

I'm afraid that it could start looking redundant after 5 or so entries of practically the same thing.

If they were all similar pleasure-type travel I would probably combine them into one entry. If you had any that were really different or learned something really important you might want to single that trip out for further elaboration on its own.

Thanks for the advice!

They were all travel for pleasure, but I still learned a lot. I'll try to figure out a way that I can lump a few trips in one entry, especially the ones that were similar in experience.

Just one more question... in terms of what we've learned from each experience, does it have to be all external knowledge gained, or does knowledge about oneself count as well?

Archived