Premed 101 Forums

Not finishing second degree

I've never heard of people being "looked down on" for leaving half way through a second undergrad. I know people who have done it, and it was no biggie. Now, a graduate degree on the other hand, that usually causes bad feelings with the department you're leaving (especially if there was funding given).

I think most schools don't care. Like nosuperman said, UWO won't let you apply part way through, and NOSM won't use your second degree marks for GPA purposes until it's finished, but other than that I don't think it matters. I got into UBC this year without being finished my second degree. I only have 2 courses left to complete, so I might finish on my own time, just because I can.

You can continue to apply to NOSM, but like (Andrea?) said above, they won't consider the new GPA until you are entering your final year (this is why I'm starting a 3-yr program for my 2nd UG...and only mature students can qualify to do a 3-yr program and apply to NOSM).

Thanks guys.

But you should be allowed to apply after your first year at UWO (assuming your second degree will only be 2 years long) correct?

You will just have to make sure the office really understands that it is a 2 year degree - obviously that would be unusual and might get missed :)

Archived