Premed 101 Forums

Welcome back to Ottawa...with 40cm of snow?

Guest MayFlower1

Guest MayFlower1

Oh my god...I can't believe it...we arrived in Ottawa this morning from blistering hot sand and beautiful waters of Cuba to 40cm of snow! >: Geeze...back to reality, I guess.

Looking forward to some great discussions over the next few weeks before all of our interviews!

It's great to be back...we're doing Sushi tonight...mmmmmm...real food again! ;)

Peter

Hi Peter. I hope you got your fill of Mojitos... and great cuban music. Thankfully, you can recreat both of those experiences here in Canada... as for the weather, now that's another story.

I'm heading south myself on Saturday and the weathernetwork reports that it's 32 degrees and sunny. Can't wait. :D

Cheers everyone and good luck on all upcoming interviews.

T

Hi Mayflower,

I was just wondering if you are peterhill from last year. Just curious. I just started to use this board again this year and seems that this ride of emotional rollercoster has started again for me and also all the other users.

anyway just wondering

cheers

Guest MayFlower1

Hi habra...

YUP...I was Peterhill0501 last year...I chose "Mayflower" this year as "May" represents a time of year when there is lots of change...new things growing...it's my birthday month (May 1)...the end of May marks the end of the dreaded "wait" for at least some proportion of med school applicants...and it also represents a journey of learning, discovery and a fresh start (I believe a ship was named the Mayflower, wasn't it :b ?

Anyway...yes...I'm that person...were you habra last year? If not, what was your name? Are you in med school? If not, what have you done over the last year to "ensure" you get accepted this year?

Peter

No actually i was HabRaz last year! but for some reason I could not reactivate my account. You are right about may! I was born on may 4th. I also had an interview last year from ottawa but have not heard yet this year. Hey congrats on your invite this year again. I hope that this year would be a good one and that we can all get in somewhere. Hey did you apply only to ottawa again this year?

I am doing my last year of a PHD degree in pharmacology at the university of western ontario. I am older too. Thirty this year and have been in school since 1991! You know it was pretty hard to want to do medicine after all these years and be bad waitlisted and turned down, but I have always had the medicine bug and just can let go of it. But funny enough I did not apply after undergrad and my masters (both at UofT). I think we talked breifly last year on the board but this year I started posting earlier and this board is so addictive that I am sure I will have a whole bunch of cyber friends.

anyway peter good talking to you

Cheers

Guest MayFlower1

I remember now...funny how a letter and a few caps can make such a difference in recall, eh? Perhaps I'm just getting old :eek

Good luck to you. I hope you receive an interview and acceptance this year.

Peter

Archived