Premed 101 Forums

New Mods to combat ad trolls

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the best way is for people not to click on their websites. They probably see referrals from this site and so keep coming back.

too hard to get this msg out to all the users. best to nip them in the bud and delete them as they pop up.

but it looks like the few mods here are so busy with residency that they don't even have time to delete reported threads!

even better would be if ian wong, or another supermod, adds a 'captcha' feature in the registration page that prevents signup bots from autospamming these forums.

yes the mods are in overload with their studies and that is why more mods are needed.....I have reported at least 10 threads or posts today....and I never open the links

Two part problem - the vBulltein software needs updated to the newest version which includes checks during account creation for being human, and we do need more mods. Hopefully the current mods can get a hold of Dr Wong as he is the only one able to fix either problem :)

Please don't PM the mods to ask for more moderators -- we can't do anything about it. Ian Wong is the only one who can add moderators.

What I suggest, though, is collaboratively coming up with a (short, say no more than ten) list of appropriate forum members and the medical school they attend; this would be a way of making it as easy as possible for Ian to add the moderators whose addition is being requested.

Please don't PM the mods to ask for more moderators -- we can't do anything about it. Ian Wong is the only one who can add moderators.

What I suggest, though, is collaboratively coming up with a (short, say no more than ten) list of appropriate forum members and the medical school they attend; this would be a way of making it as easy as possible for Ian to add the moderators whose addition is being requested.

^ I like this idea. Let's come up with a list of potential moderators. Once nominated, those individuals can agree to be mods, or disagree, and the finalised list can be sent to Ian.

Two part problem - the vBulltein software needs updated to the newest version which includes checks during account creation for being human, and we do need more mods. Hopefully the current mods can get a hold of Dr Wong as he is the only one able to fix either problem :)

Right now the bot check asks new members what the largest artery in the body is. Guess the bots know their anatomy.

Archived