Premed 101 Forums

2010/2011 Applicant Discussion Thread

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm still waiting on two.

One is just coming back from vacation today and told me to let her know the day after she gets back and she'd send it right away; however the other I already sent the "reminder" note when I sent out my USask request and she said she'd be right on it...but still nothing. I'll have to send a more urgent request in a few days I guess.

I'm in the same boat... said they would do it right away a month ago. Then I sent a reminder, then resent the email through the application system. I'll have to kick it up a notch soon. I know they probably think it's all fine as there's still a few weeks, but it's getting stressful.

I'm still waiting on two.

One is just coming back from vacation today and told me to let her know the day after she gets back and she'd send it right away; however the other I already sent the "reminder" note when I sent out my USask request and she said she'd be right on it...but still nothing. I'll have to send a more urgent request in a few days I guess.

any updates on the ref letters mav?

i seem to remember you grinding my gears about wanting my references in before christmas... but now i rest easy knowing they have been submitted for quite some time.

i still check the website to see if i'm missing something, but it appears that i have everything in. no voiding this ones application.

Good luck to all the interviewees this weekend! Finally our time has arrived. I must say, I am glad the day has finally come and we can get on with our lives. For far too long I have thought about this day! I'm excited to see the facilities and all that UBC med has to offer. Here's hoping for a great experience! :)

I will need the luck greatly tomorrow. Rather - today, it's midnight!

I feel so utterly unprepared - it feels so odd going into an interview not having a clue (relatively speaking) what will be asked of me. I do wish I had more time to prepare (I only ended up reading 1/4 of Doing Right) but perhaps this way I'll find it easier to be myself.

Good luck to all my fellow interviewers. :)

Trust me, there's absolutely no reason to be nervous. Don't psych yourself out...Seriously, the two hours flew by so quickly. Many people in my track either said they had fun, looked like they enjoyed themselves or said it wasn't as bad as they thought.

The interviewers were really nice this year, or so it seemed :)

Okay fine, you can be as nervous as you want if it helps you with the interview :P

Well, that didn't go so smoothly. Some stations were alright, but most were mediocre for me.

I wonder if it's because I didn't have enough sugar in my blood to feed my brain, whether I was just unnecessarily nervous, or if I was just having a bad day, but the words in my head just wouldn't come out of my mouth in a coherent fashion.

But in terms of the actual experience, though, it was very enjoyable. No point fretting over it - just gotta move on and learn something from it. I know what I need to work on now.

Had my interview today. I dont know about the content of my answers but I had a great time! Do NOT be nervous; the interviewers were all so nice. Seriously, i think almost everyone will have a great time. I thoroughly enjoyed the process.

Good luck tomorrow! (and to those who have already interviewed)

Had my interview today. I dont know about the content of my answers but I had a great time! Do NOT be nervous; the interviewers were all so nice. Seriously, i think almost everyone will have a great time. I thoroughly enjoyed the process.

Good luck tomorrow! (and to those who have already interviewed)

+1

The interviewers were extremely nice! Great atmosphere/overall experience. :)

Same exact feeling! I don't know if I screwed up any stations, but I definitely don't think I stood out much in a good way

Its ok FMX. The uncertainity is inevitable for just about everyone I think. I am re-evaulating and now think I could have done so much better but I cant imagine doing this until May13th so I decided to forget everything!

But from the little practice we had, i know you did just fine :) Best of luck to you and everyone else! (K-Doc, Mayan, TankMasterFlex, hking, applesauce, dcgirl and everyone else :)

Interview day today! Woke up this morning with a pounding headache and completely stuffed up and coughing. Looked out the window to see the roads covered in snow.

Nothing else can go wrong right? Does this mean I'll have a good interview :)

Hope they let me bring a throat lozenge and some tissues with me.

But from the little practice we had, i know you did just fine :) Best of luck to you and everyone else! (K-Doc, Mayan, TankMasterFlex, hking, applesauce, dcgirl and everyone else :)

I appreciate the support :) I definitely felt like I could have done better on 2 stations though. I guess we'll see how my interviewers felt. Now I need to figure how best to fill my time.

Archived