Premed 101 Forums

extra courses at Athabasca

Hey fellow premed101 readers/forumers:confused: lol

i have a question that im not to sure if it has been answered already, but ill ask nonetheless? so my situation is as such. I have a few abismal years in undergrad, and im looking to boost up my marks with a fifth year, if i do so and do well this year ill be at a 2.93 CGPA. nothing great, but i was wonderfing if i take a few courses at athabasca for example after my fifth year, lets say i apply to mcmaster or nosm, would those marks also be counted in my overall gpa calculations?

Only if they are actually part of your degree program. If you've already convocated or are simply taking a 5th year, then probably not for NOSM. NOSM says that it only uses the courses for your degree--this is why I've begun a second degree program (they will actually ignore all previous courses that are just transferred to my new degree and will just calculate my GPA according to the new courses).

If you are just taking extra courses to boost an already-completed degree, then you will need to send off an email, b/c I do not think they will use them.

Hey fellow premed101 readers/forumers:confused: lol

i have a question that im not to sure if it has been answered already, but ill ask nonetheless? so my situation is as such. I have a few abismal years in undergrad, and im looking to boost up my marks with a fifth year, if i do so and do well this year ill be at a 2.93 CGPA. nothing great, but i was wonderfing if i take a few courses at athabasca for example after my fifth year, lets say i apply to mcmaster or nosm, would those marks also be counted in my overall gpa calculations?

Wouldn't that take a lot of extra courses to boost your cGPA up to McMaster/NOSM standards? 3.0 is the cutoff, but no one really actually gets in with that, do they?

What is your last 2 yr GPA? Queen's will accept your last 2 years if they are above the cutoffs even if your cGPA isn't.

Wouldn't that take a lot of extra courses to boost your cGPA up to McMaster/NOSM standards? 3.0 is the cutoff, but no one really actually gets in with that, do they?

What is your last 2 yr GPA? Queen's will accept your last 2 years if they are above the cutoffs even if your cGPA isn't.

Good point. It would take a lot to give it a really healthy boost; however, NOSM did invite a fair number of people with GPAs lower than 3.5 to interviews though. Not sure how many of them got in...I can't remember the names!

Archived