Premed 101 Forums

Interview invites!!

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OOPs definitely have a tougher time. But hey I'm OOP as far as Ontario is concerned. So it's all good :)

Have an awesome honeymoon!

Thanks HBP,

No they don't send your AQ/NAQ scores in the email but you can find them on OAS.

I should also put out there I didn't get a full file review because they took into consideration my first year (which was horrible due to illness) which brought my overall gpa down. Therefore, I didn't get a full AQ score, however, I did get a good NAQ score.

So they may be just sending out regrets*partial file reviews, today, so there may be more regrets tomorrow (not to be a downer)

OOP is tough.

Thanks HBP,

No they don't send your AQ/NAQ scores in the email but you can find them on OAS.

I should also put out there I didn't get a full file review because they took into consideration my first year (which was horrible due to illness) which brought my overall gpa down. Therefore, I didn't get a full AQ score, however, I did get a good NAQ score.

So they may be just sending out regrets*partial file reviews, today, so there may be more regrets tomorrow (not to be a downer)

OOP is tough.

OOP is tough, sorry to hear your news. Have a lovely honeymoon and good luck with the rest of your applications!

OOPs definitely have a tougher time. But hey I'm OOP as far as Ontario is concerned. So it's all good :)

Have an awesome honeymoon!

lolol OOP for Ontario is practically meaningless since there is very little in province selection bias (none at UofT, Queens... barely any at Ottawa).

Ontario (specifically GTA) is the worst place to be as a medicine applicant.

it really does suck... to be an Ontario resident around the GTA :(

loll The only school that has a preference for Ontario residents may be Mcmaster :S

Other schools (UWO, UOttawa, Northern) all require us to live in their areas

loll it would be so nice to have a medical school at York U :S

lolol OOP for Ontario is practically meaningless since there is very little in province selection bias (none at UofT, Queens... barely any at Ottawa).

Ontario (specifically GTA) is the worst place to be as a medicine applicant.

BARELY ANY AT OTTAWA??? Wow that's good news. I saw on their website some time ago that OOP is placed last on their consideration list. But guess that's just a list.

BARELY ANY AT OTTAWA??? Wow that's good news. I saw on their website some time ago that OOP is placed last on their consideration list. But guess that's just a list.
Ottawa has different GPA cutoffs based on where you're from. The OOP gpa cutoff is the highest. However, if you meet the cutoff, you're on the same level as everyone else.

Good luck to all those waiting to hear back from UBC!

Sarcasm only works as a way to mock someone when you're beyond sure that you're right.

OOP ~3.87, Ontario (non-Ottawa residents) ~3.85.

SO YEAH, BARELY ANY AT OTTAWA!!!!!!!!!!!

You know.... since someone was going to make this anyways.

Let the freenzied worrying, hyperventilating and hand-wringing begin!

OH, I was, and you beat me to it. :D Another day, gosh, I sure am glad that I have something else to do tomorrow to keep my mind off it for a few hours.

Yeah seriously, there just needs to be one thread. The original should be unlocked and the subsequent ones locked.

+1. I don't get why we need to have a new thread for each day. I was mad when the original one got locked for no reason. I think they locked the wrong one.

Anyways, this is just getting incredibly frustrating. I was so sure last week I would know by monday, but no, this is just going to keep dragging on. If the pattern continues, tomorrow it's either going to be regrets, partial review IP (since it doesn't look like anyone IP has got that yet), or regrets, no interview OOP. I hope I'm wrong though-maybe they'll hit us with some positive news and throw out some invites to some people! :D

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum but I thought I'd let you know that I received my regrets letter by email yesterday (around 6pm). I'm an out of province student though so I figured it would be regrets after I had a look at the interim statistics, specifically the 90% GPA.

Good luck to everyone else out there :)

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum but I thought I'd let you know that I received my regrets letter by email yesterday (around 6pm). I'm an out of province student though so I figured it would be regrets after I had a look at the interim statistics, specifically the 90% GPA.

Good luck to everyone else out there :)

Was it a regrets, partial file review or just a regrets?

Sorry to hear the news, and thanks for sharing the information, best of luck with your future applications!

Archived