Premed 101 Forums

Anyone know of a clerkship book that goes by CC?

Hey Everyone,

I've been looking at books for my internal medicine clerkship rotation. They all seem to be similar (Blueprints, Step up to Medicine etc), in that they will give give a description of a disease (like Hashimoto's Thyroiditis), and then tests to run, and then management. But of course, clerkship is the opposite...you're presented with CC of cough, chest pain, abdo pain etc, and then asked to make a differential, order tests etc.

Anyone know of a book like this? That's ordered by CC, has DDx, and investigations to make a Dx? Many, many thanks,

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

YOu might like this, when the next edition comes out (canadian specific! nothing worse that using an american reference in the middle of the night and trying to convert the normals)

http://sites.google.com/site/medicineaim/

Also highly recommend pocket medicine. mine is well worn. used it on most rotations during clerkship, and continue to use it during residency. you start to feel old when all the clerks have a new edition.

• 3 months later...
Yup. Problem Oriented Medical Diagnosis. Good when you're starting out

Anyone know which one of these is better?? Looks like there's quite a bit of overlap so I don't want to get both.

Archived