Premed 101 Forums

2011 Interview Stats (Invited and Rejected)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rejected as well, mildly disappointed.

10/10/12/S

OMSAS cgpa - 3.71

last two years - 3.745

EC's have been above average according to scores I have received from other schools (UofA, UBC)

I just wish I knew whether the rejection was due to EC's or gpa so I can have a plan on how to improve my application. Oh well, all my eggs are with UBC now.

Cheers

rejected as expected..

9vr...shafted again

Unless you have a 90%+ average (UBC/Sask OOP), 3.9+ GPA (McGill OOP), or a 36+ MCAT (Manitoba)...it will keep happening unfortunately [i have had a 9 VR last app season and this year].

The only realistic options (if everything else is great in your app) are Dal and U/T. Consider rewriting if it doesn't work out for you this year or possibly applying to the US.

Rejected.

Grad student and was counting on meeting MCAT cut to be granted an interview. Seem to have met MCAT, but no interview. Thanks changes to admissions process!!!

Masters degree

2 year undergrad GPA 3.75

MCAT 12-VR, 11-BS, 10-PS, Q-WS

Extracurriculars: medical volunteer in Guatemala, Habitat for Humanity projects, lots of undergrad student leadership positions, university hockey team, played hockey internationally in Slovakia, archaeological expeditions in Turkey, volunteer in Madagascar...........not sure what they were looking for.

Rejected.

cGPA 3.75, last two years 3.78

MCAT: 12BS, 11PS, 10VR, WS S

ECs: research, lifeguarding, first aid team, hospital volunteering, charity fundraisers and a lot of other stuff...

LORS: I know that at least two of my three were good.

All of the above have gotten me interviews at two Ivy league schools- the only difference was one reference letter (which I assume was neutral, if not positive- the guy didn't know me well but he writes letters these letters all the time). Don't know what went wrong- this was the only interview I thought I would get for sure so this is definitely a surprise. I'm beginning to worry about my U of T app, since it was essentially the same (except for the personal statement).

Rejected.

Grad degree complete.

Lower end of GPA/MCAT spectrum.

No idea how they consider ECs, so who is to say if they are good or not to Queens? They keep me busy and make me happy. :)

Congrats to the invitees, and best of luck to everyone else. Persist if you know this is the path you want to take.

LL

Rejected.

cGPA 3.75, last two years 3.78

MCAT: 12BS, 11PS, 10VR, WS S

ECs: research, lifeguarding, first aid team, hospital volunteering, charity fundraisers and a lot of other stuff...

LORS: I know that at least two of my three were good.

All of the above have gotten me interviews at two Ivy league schools- the only difference was one reference letter (which I assume was neutral, if not positive- the guy didn't know me well but he writes letters these letters all the time). Don't know what went wrong- this was the only interview I thought I would get for sure so this is definitely a surprise. I'm beginning to worry about my U of T app, since it was essentially the same (except for the personal statement).

Hey Solitaire, which Ivey League schools did you get interviews at? I have a similar MCAT score but I didn't think it was competitive enough to apply

Archived