Premed 101 Forums

2011 Interview Stats (Invited and Rejected)

Rejected and not surprised (considering everything yesterday was invites).

cGPA = 2 year = 3.7 (OMSAS adjusted, originally 3.48)

11/11/10/S

Low GPA or horrible ECs, I guess? No research or hospital related volunteer work.

Coaching, varsity athlete, peer counseling group, military.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rejected today.

4th year undergrad

3.97 cGPA

11/11/12 VR S WS

My ECs: I would say generally good, I got an interview at UBC so they can't have been too bad.

Tons of tutoring with inner city kids (3+ years), lots of hospital volunteering (5+ years), volunteering at a seniors home (3 years), sport at high competitive level (12 years), NSERC, summer of intensive volunteering with children with disabilities, on the executive of an honours society.

As expected. Confirming a 9 in verbal is lethal in Ontario:

MCAT: 12/9(VR)/12/R

Best 2 yrs: 3.86

Feeling: Not down. Have fingers crossed for U/T where a 9VR does not disqualify you. Overall ECs are strong (18.6 NAQ on the UBC scale for those who are acquainted with it)...but that doesn't matter here.

Supa's kept this thread clean so that it can be used to post stats ONLY. For that reason, I've deleted a bunch of posts that are non-stats related.

If you want to discuss the selection process, please post in http://premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47520

Thanks

I'm currently going to merge the two stats threads and clean it up this thread....

please keep this one for stats only from now on, and discussion in the discussion thread.

I erased a lot of post in this thread non-stats related and false rejections. Not trying to censor anything, just trying to keep this thread clean.

Some posts (ie: hilarious cartoon, and question about only receiving one rejection email to hotmail and nothing else have been moved) most other posts were deleted, many of which had be resolved by subsequent confirmation emails.

I'm sorry to hear what you guys had to go through/are going through. This process is already tense enough.

Best of luck,

Supa

Rejected, after basically phoning to request my rejection letter.

10/10/10 R

GPA 3.6 something

Grad Student

Interviewed and waitlisted last year, which is a major bummer. I guess my ABS and references weren't quite good enough? Still not sure I fully understand this year's decision process, since they're interviewing fewer people and somehow the cutoffs are lower than last year.

Hey everybody,

Queen's just sent me their response. "Please be advised that due to technical difficulties this email is being resent. We apologize for any undue stress these problems may have caused." - Damn, I feel bad for the applicant who had to get rejected twice.

Rejected - OOP - I didn't expect much, it was a long shot

GPA: < 3.6 (I figure that's all you need to know)

MCAT: 11/11/11 Q

EC: pretty standard (over 500 hr), but no research

Best of luck to everyone out there! Don't let this get you down, you've made it this far and you should be proud of your accomplishments!

Rejected

E-mail time stamped @ 2:30 PM

First e-mail I have received

MCAT: 11/10/R/10

cGPA: 3.75

Best 2 years: 3.8

Currently in 4th year of undergrad

Decent ECs and solid LORs (at least that's what I thought... haha)

Good luck to everyone. Hopefully everyone here who got bad news and has had a tough last few days will be hearing some good news from UWO soon.

Rejected, finally.

3.7ish GPA best two years

13/11/11/S MCAT

Email 2:30 today. First email I received.

Would've thought my EC's were pretty good...they cover every 'category' of ECs I think. UBC thought my EC's were good, I got a good NAQ score, despite rejection. Would've expected my LORs to be decent too.

Very disappointing after being interviewed and waitlisted last year...and thinking I would have done a much better interview this year.

Best of luck everyone!

rejected.

grad student, finishing this year. Been working the last few years.

GPA not sure, probably not making the cutoff but with an upward trend for certain.

MCAT 9/10/11/Q

ECs good, more employment than volunteering (but I needed the money during undergrad), 5 publications, 2 oral presentations at big conferences, 3 posters (that I listed on the ABS anyways, if I'd known they looked I would have put down the other 9 I wasn't first author on), extremely good reference letters.

I really can't bring myself to apply again. I'm thisclose to crying.

Rejected at last!

(But at least I no longer feel ignored!)

OOP

11 13 11 Q

Best two 3.85

Post Grad

Sour grapes statement:

Ahh... Kingston. I remember you well. The complete and utter absence of public transportation. The fire alarms in Victoria Hall at three o'clock in the morning ... in January. The Stalinist architecture. The gloomy feeling that you get at 2pm on a wet Sunday afternoon that managed to permeate every day of the week. On the other hand, I miss the chocolate cake at Chez Piggy.

Archived