Premed 101 Forums

aspartame?

thehockeykid

Most studies seem to show that aspartame has no noticeable adverse effects on animal and human health so most of the bad press really isn't warranted. There really isn't much more to discuss other than it tastes terrible but it might be good for some diabetics I guess. It might be important to remember that people with Phenylketonuria shouldn't consume any products containing aspartame.

Most studies seem to show that aspartame has no noticeable adverse effects on animal and human health so most of the bad press really isn't warranted. There really isn't much more to discuss other than it tastes terrible but it might be good for some diabetics I guess. It might be important to remember that people with Phenylketonuria shouldn't consume any products containing aspartame.

+1

10 characters motha sucka

Water is 10x tastier than diet coke. Diet coke tastes like oil lol.

A don't forget, you can't just drink lots of diet coke without consequences and it has nothing to do with those "adverse" effects.

i'd have to agree that drinking water is ridiculously good- especially after a workout, run or while i'm at work... but diet coke is like my treat- i don't drink beer very often or anything else with calories in it so it changes things up a bit.

also, thought i'd throw out this link- it's a self carbonating tool so you don't have to buy carbonated water anymore... pretty freaking cool and apparently good for the environment...

http://www.sodastreamusa.com/product_info.aspx

they also offer an assortment of flavor packets that you can add to make the water tastier.

i'd have to agree that drinking water is ridiculously good- especially after a workout, run or while i'm at work... but diet coke is like my treat- i don't drink beer very often or anything else with calories in it so it changes things up a bit.

also, thought i'd throw out this link- it's a self carbonating tool so you don't have to buy carbonated water anymore... pretty freaking cool and apparently good for the environment...

http://www.sodastreamusa.com/product_info.aspx

they also offer an assortment of flavor packets that you can add to make the water tastier.

Christmas list anyone?

Ya I thought that was an effect with sorbitol or sucralose and other synthetic sugars that aren't really absorbed by the bowel.

I think it's just sugar alcohols, not aspartame.

FTR- I don't drink carbonated beverages very often, but would probably not drink diet ones if I did. For my 3 cans per year, I can probably afford the 150calories or whatever.

Archived