Premed 101 Forums

what does everyone want for christmas?

thehockeykid

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its a little too late for that. He's too old to go through such a procedure with his his diabetes, dementia, and everything else that's prevented him from delivering my presents for the past 20 years :mad:.

Well... hate to break this to you but he hasn't stopped giving me presents. I think you might have been in the "bad kid" group, personally.

I want one of these:

red-2010-bmw-m6.jpg

A med school acceptance letter

A house/condo/apartment (any will do)

And a trip somewhere hot

Odds of me getting any of that: 0

So my realistic Christmas list involves some nice, warm sweaters, new jeans, DVDs of movies or shows I like, and/or chocolate (or the means in which to purchase these aforementioned things:p) :)

But if someone wants to give me anything (particularly a red BMW convertible) I will definitely appreciate that too!:P lol

Sorry master, I've edited your post. Please keep discussion on the topic at hand. There is absolutely no reason to turn this thread into one where everyone is attacking each other. I fully respect everyone's right to discourse, but can't we at least be a little bit friendly towards each other? There is absolutely no reason to be attacking each other or stirring up drama for no reason.

Sorry master, I've edited your post. Please keep discussion on the topic at hand. There is absolutely no reason to turn this thread into one where everyone is attacking each other. I fully respect everyone's right to discourse, but can't we at least be a little bit friendly towards each other? There is absolutely no reason to be attacking each other or stirring up drama for no reason.

Ok, then edit dr.oz's post to be fair.

Ok, then edit dr.oz's post to be fair.

I have done that. It's no offense to either of you, we all just want to keep discussion on this site very professional and warm for everyone. We want all our members to feel comfortable. Flame wars, which seemed like it was about to erupt, are of no use to the forum. I understand you both have opinions on the issue, but this wasn't really the place for it. Hope you both understand. :)

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming... CHRISTMAS presents!

I have done that. It's no offense to either of you, we all just want to keep discussion on this site very professional and warm for everyone. We want all our members to feel comfortable. Flame wars, which seemed like it was about to erupt, are of no use to the forum. I understand you both have opinions on the issue, but this wasn't really the place for it. Hope you both understand. :)

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming... CHRISTMAS presents!

I think what you did in this thread was completely rational. I didn't write much of a reply, it was pretty passive. But I'm glad you edited my post out...

Thanks for your understanding. Gonna quote the most recent two posts to keep things going here. ;)

I want one of these:

red-2010-bmw-m6.jpg

A med school acceptance letter

A house/condo/apartment (any will do)

And a trip somewhere hot

Odds of me getting any of that: 0

So my realistic Christmas list involves some nice, warm sweaters, new jeans, DVDs of movies or shows I like, and/or chocolate (or the means in which to purchase these aforementioned things:p)

But if someone wants to give me anything (particularly a red BMW convertible) I will definitely appreciate that too!:P lol

I'm not sure if I'm welcome there anymore. Not after last time...

Edit: I already got what I wanted for Xmas - a new iPhone since my cell convienently died and a sexy black peacoat style jacket from the girlfriend.

I don't participate in Christmas. The BMW/condo/money post is the reason why--not to judge, even though I am <3. Although if x-mas were 'back to its roots', then I wouldn't participate either. I'm simply looking forward to spending time with family over the break between terms. I value this a lot.

I don't participate in Christmas. The BMW/condo/money post is the reason why--not to judge, even though I am <3. Although if x-mas were 'back to its roots', then I wouldn't participate either. I'm simply looking forward to spending time with family over the break between terms. I value this a lot.

LOL... If you knew me, you'd realize I'm joking. I'm not the type of person that actually would expect (or even want) that for Christmas. In all honesty, time with friends and family spending time just spending time together, celebrating what Christmas is really is about (giving unto others/birth of Christ) would be the perfect Christmas for me.

i wouldn't say that people who dream of getting extravagant things for christmas don't value time with their relatives

i don't think that's what s3lf meant... but was the statement that s3lf made entirely necessary... probably not.

christmas can be about getting luxurious items, or it can be about giving your time at the local shelter... it can be about spending time with family, or going on vacation to a tropical setting... you can celebrate christmas as a religious holiday or as a family get together... or you can do nothing... whatever floats your boat.

i've heard people talk about how commercial christmas has gotten and in my family it's stirred many a debate... i've always believed that it is a time for me to give nice gifts and my time to others who deserve it... it's nice to get gifts too:P.

Archived