Premed 101 Forums

what does everyone want for christmas?

thehockeykid

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looking forward to having some downtime and relaxing, spending time with family and friends and having lots of free time to exercise!

As for presents... not really asking for anything. The only thing I can think of right now that I want are warm accessories for the winter. Warm mitts, toques, scarves, boots..

I'm relegating my Christmas present as a double birthday present in the form of a McGill acceptance on May 5th.

Seriously though, my parents are Muslim so they don't celebrate Christmas. And I'm not a Muslim so I don't get anything for their holidays. :(

mith, i'll take you out for a christmas drink... it will be my gift to you.

I'm relegating my Christmas present as a double birthday present in the form of a McGill acceptance on May 5th.

Seriously though, my parents are Muslim so they don't celebrate Christmas. And I'm not a Muslim so I don't get anything for their holidays. :(

That's really awesome and encouraging that you believe in what you find rational regardless of your family's belief.

But, in all seriousness, isn't it in muslim law to basically.. like kill a person if they choose not be muslim?

I know there's honor killings, and I doubt most muslims would do that in north america given our laws, but wouldn't your parents probably disown you or wouldn't there be some sort of tension?

I don't celebrate Christmas, it's not in my religion (Islam).

lol, so what, I see buddhists, hindus and even athiests celebrate christmas. And isn't jesus identified as a prophet is islam.

That's really awesome and encouraging that you believe in what you find rational regardless of your family's belief.

But, in all seriousness, isn't it in muslim law to basically.. like kill a person if they choose not be muslim?

I know there's honor killings, and I doubt most muslims would do that in north america given our laws, but wouldn't your parents probably disown you or wouldn't there be some sort of tension?

let's not let this thread get too far off topic here... christmas presents people... christmas presents.

lol, so what, I see buddhists, hindus and even athiests celebrate christmas. And isn't jesus identified as a prophet is islam.

He's a prophet, but isn't Christmas about him being the son of God.

Archived