Premed 101 Forums

IP Applicants 2010/2011

Mithril

The admission team must be working super hard -- they only get two weeks to conclude the list of interview, out of the thousands of applications.

Does any one heard from the admission office what the estimated "realistic" GPA cut-off would be?

Francophone universities got almost 2000 applications per year, plus those non-Franco Quebec applicants, they probably have to work out a new cut-off eventually.

Again, good luck to everyone.

The average GPA of OOP interviewees last year was about 3.9. This year there was a 3.9 cut-off.

Maybe since the average GPA last year of IP interviewees was about 3.7, there will be a 3.7 cut-off this year.

Who knows.

It's almost better not to think about what the cut-off might be or how many extra people are applying IP this year. Like you, I'm just going to focus on writing my autobio and filling out my online CV.

• 2 weeks later...

For the personal narrative, on the website they indicate that "The Personal Narrative should be an original piece of writing, written personally by the applicant in her or his own words and voice".

Did any of you have yours reviewed by someone to make sure it was clear and really reflected your thoughts? I'm a francophone... and I'm a bit worried some things might not come across like I want them to.

Any thoughts?

For the personal narrative, on the website they indicate that "The Personal Narrative should be an original piece of writing, written personally by the applicant in her or his own words and voice".

Did any of you have yours reviewed by someone to make sure it was clear and really reflected your thoughts? I'm a francophone... and I'm a bit worried some things might not come across like I want them to.

Any thoughts?

Isn't it possible for you to write your application in French ?

For those of you who have finished the MedOAS portion of the app, are you able to see a submit button in the seal and submit section? I finished a few weeks ago, however still do not see it. I still have one reference letter pending though.

For those of you who have finished the MedOAS portion of the app, are you able to see a submit button in the seal and submit section? I finished a few weeks ago, however still do not see it. I still have one reference letter pending though.

Did you also do the minerva application part?

Once you do that, then you'll see the submit option in MedOAS after a few days delay.

All different. There is:

1- WebApp for the regular application process

2- Minerva, which you need to sign into using your McGill ID and default password (your date of birth in the format YYMMDD) to be able to track the status of your application or see if other documents etc. are needed (http://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/tracking-your-application)

3- MedOAS for the med specific application process

For the submit button, Like soybot suggests I think you have to activate your account through Minerva first. To login Minerva:

https://banweb.mcgill.ca/pban1/twbkwbis.P_WWWLogin

Hope this helps :)

All different. There is:

1- WebApp for the regular application process

2- Minerva, which you need to sign into using your McGill ID and default password (your date of birth in the format YYMMDD) to be able to track the status of your application or see if other documents etc. are needed (http://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/tracking-your-application)

3- MedOAS for the med specific application process

For the submit button, Like soybot suggests I think you have to activate your account through Minerva first. To login Minerva:

https://banweb.mcgill.ca/pban1/twbkwbis.P_WWWLogin

Hope this helps :)

Thanks, that makes more sense. The sense I got from the above comment was that some piece of information had to actually be entered into Minerva, so that's why I was confused.

Did you also do the minerva application part?

Once you do that, then you'll see the submit option in MedOAS after a few days delay.

I submitted the Minerva portion first, paid, and then finished the MedOAS. Still no submit button for me. I guess you're able to submit and seal in MedOAS?

I submitted the Minerva portion first, paid, and then finished the MedOAS. Still no submit button for me. I guess you're able to submit and seal in MedOAS?

cool, cool...

but you have to respect that "few days delay" part ... for MedOAS.

my feeling is that you should see the submit option by friday. I didnt pay attention to my own wait time.

Archived