Premed 101 Forums

Less than 5 courses in final year!

Guest ItsmeMelissa

Guest ItsmeMelissa

I took only 4 courses in my final year of a 4 year undergrad program. Does anyone know if I can still apply considering I took a full course load in each of the other three years? If so, any thoughts on which years will be used to calculate GPA?

Cheers,

Melissa

Guest tutifruiti

Hello Melissa,

A full course load for UOttawa means at least a total of 12 credits (in general it represents 12 hours of lecture classes). So if you took 4 3-credit courses, then you're safe. I would not recommend you to go under that limit if you wish to apply at Ottawa or elsewhere.

Hope it helps!

tutifruiti

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

This is a bit puzzling. I just checked the requirements on the Ottawa site and it states that they require five full courses per year for each of the years involved in calculation of the WGPA. tutifuiti, from where did you receive your info? I've sent them a wee note for clarification, so we'll see what comes out of it all and hopefully clear some smoke in the process.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest tutifruiti

"Candidates meeting the following requirements can apply... to the faculty of med:

- have successfully completed 3 years of full-time university studies (minimum of five full-year courses a year) in any undergraduate program leading to a specific bachelor's degree..."

However, there's no such "full-year courses" at UO, at least in BSc Bio. All courses, at my knowledge last one term. So, I am confident that if you comply to the "full-time student" requirement, you're safe.

good luck!

Guest ItsmeMelissa

Thanks for your responses! I too have tried to clarify this via email with the admission office. Unfortunately, 1 week later I still have no answer. I would be forever in the debt of ma Bell if I called them everytime I had question, so please let me know if you hear anything Kirsteen.

Cheers,

Melissa

Archived