Premed 101 Forums

How do you ask a girl out?

juice

I've had one gf, but I didn't even need to approach her. She was with me in highschool and we made it obvious we liked each other slowly in class everyday.. so we just eventually hung out and went out.

However, in university you only really know the girls in your little friend group and their few extensions.

So I've never had to approach a girl I like but don't really know that well (or don't know AT ALL).

One more thing, do girls ask guys out because I've literally seen only like one or two instances where this has happened.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In my experience, awkwardly and unsuccessfully.

loll, you sound like the funniest guy already. I actually try to play awkward and corny around girls and they like it?

How do you know you like them if you don't know them at all?

Inviting someone to a group activity is usually a less threatening first step.

Because you've seen 'em around and they seem nice. You might've also spoken to them in a lab once or twice.. I apologize if that's too superficial, but it's the norm.

Yeah man. I've done this. Probably not either of the instances you saw.

Yeah, but girls do it often or even moderately? I've hardly seen any instances. It seems like the girls will always wait for the guy to initiate literally everythingg.

I've asked guys out before. I don't see how you can "like" someone if you don't know them.. find them attractive sure, but feelings? Unlikely..

Try getting to know her better. I'd feel uncomfortable going to a group activity with someone I didn't know all that well, especially if I wasn't going to be familiar with anyone else there. Once you know her a little better, ask her to Starbucks or something really casual.

I've had one gf, but I didn't even need to approach her. She was with me in highschool and we made it obvious we liked each other slowly in class everyday.. so we just eventually hung out and went out.

However, in university you only really know the girls in your little friend group and their few extensions.

So I've never had to approach a girl I like but don't really know that well (or don't know AT ALL).

One more thing, do girls ask guys out because I've literally seen only like one or two instances where this has happened.

I had a guys ask me out that I barely knew and I said no to them. I wouldn't say yes unless I knew the guy :) also, yes girls do ask guys out. Maybe not as often, depends on the girl, but I basically asked out my boyfriend of 4 years. We flirted ALL the time and I just had to know if he liked me. So I told him, "B, do you like me?" and replied with a confusing answer like, "I dunno, who do I like?" or something equally vague. And I said, "Augh! Just tell me what's on your god damn mind!" lol and thats how it happened!! Lol! The next day he came to school with a tie and everything and was beaming, so cute. (I think he'd be pretty embarrassed he knew how much of a dork I'm being right now lol) hmm.. I was pretty upfront, now that I think about it lol.

EDIT - just told him about this post and he called me a dork :P !!

loll, you sound like the funniest guy already. I actually try to play awkward and corny around girls and they like it?

Because you've seen 'em around and they seem nice. You might've also spoken to them in a lab once or twice.. I apologize if that's too superficial, but it's the norm.

Yeah, but girls do it often or even moderately? I've hardly seen any instances. It seems like the girls will always wait for the guy to initiate literally everythingg.

I am so guilty of that...I alaways wait for guys to make the 1st move, I know there shouldnt be an ''etiquette'' for that kind of thing but I guess its just printed in our minds that guys ought to make the 1st move if theyre interested...sorry Juice :s U gotta approach her like man!!! lol

I had a guys ask me out that I barely knew and I said no to them. I wouldn't say yes unless I knew the guy :) also, yes girls do ask guys out. Maybe not as often, depends on the girl, but I basically asked out my boyfriend of 4 years. We flirted ALL the time and I just had to know if he liked me. So I told him, "B, do you like me?" and replied with a confusing answer like, "I dunno, who do I like?" or something equally vague. And I said, "Augh! Just tell me what's on your god damn mind!" lol and thats how it happened!! Lol! The next day he came to school with a tie and everything and was beaming, so cute. (I think he'd be pretty embarrassed he knew how much of a dork I'm being right now lol) hmm.. I was pretty upfront, now that I think about it lol.

EDIT - just told him about this post and he called me a dork :P !!

C'EST ADORABLE!!!! Ta petite histoire m'a vraiment fait sourire :) I dont approach guys too much because im super shy, I prefer when they make the 1st move, then im much more relaxed

Oh, I just remembered how my boyfriend asked me out. I really liked it so I thought I'd share:)

He started talking about movies he likes, movies I like, and then was like: «Hey, there's this great movie in theatres now, would you like to see it with me sometime?».

I found it to be a sweet and casual way to ask someone out:o

Oh, I just remembered how my boyfriend asked me out. I really liked it so I thought I'd share:)

He started talking about movies he likes, movies I like, and then was like: «Hey, there's this great movie in theatres now, would you like to see it with me sometime?».

I found it to be a sweet and casual way to ask someone out:o

Y'know, I tried this strategy with a girl when the topic somehow ended up on sexual positions and asking her "about this great one I've heard about and if she'd like to try it with me".

I don't think it was interpreted as "sweet" though...certainly casual though!

I'll just start with this: compared to real life (work, malls, etc.), meeting girls in University is easy.

This is one approach that works for me, take it or leave it:

1. For every class/lab, I make sure I sit close to or beside whichever girl I'm interested in.

2. I start a conversation with her, about anything (this is where basic social skills apply). This will tell you something very important - if she's interested in you. If she seems genuinely engaged in talking to you, then keep it up.

3. Move things forward - suggest to study together, or any excuse for you two to spend time together. Unless she thinks you're a psycho, she'll probably give you her number if you ask for it.

4. Make your intentions clear by insinuation - if that makes any sense. By this I mean ask her out. For coffee, a drink, water polo, whatever. The point of this is to communicate, albeit in a subtle way, that you're interested in her. This is also the make or break point. If she agrees to go out with you on a - for lack of a better word, date - then she's interested in you. If she dodges the question, flakes out on meeting up, or outright rejects the idea, then those are pretty clear indicators that she's not into you. Move on.

5. If everything up to this point goes well then it's up to you where things go from there.

P.S. - There are about nine thousand pieces of advice that anyone could give you, but the key point is to simply talk to girls. Nobody is going to come banging down your door asking you to be her boyfriend.

Step 1) Leave apartment and take a break from studying

Step 2) Join in a group activity such as rock climbing

Step 3) Introduce yourself and get to know new people

Step 4) Get to know a cool girl that you like and ask her to hang out some other time.

Step 1) Leave apartment and take a break from studying

Step 2) Join in a group activity such as rock climbing

Step 3) Introduce yourself and get to know new people

Step 4) Get to know a cool girl that you like and ask her to hang out some other time.

I like this advice.

"I love running ross jefferies art opener from the game. I've had a ton of success with it, basically you draw a stick figure loosely resembling the chick, but make that **** way funny, make one eye bigger than the other, her mouth off center, etc. Then just approach her with Hi and ask her if she likes art (of course she does) i then tell em i'm a phenom artist and that I drew a picture of her, keep in mind i am dead serious through all this, i tell her it's going to be like looking in the mirror, then hand her the folded up piece of paper with my lame ass stick figure drawing on it and instantly she knows youre an alpha male who doesnt take her beauty seriously. try it out and let me know how it goes bro, may the force be with you"

found this on the internet

sit with girl in class:

you: this is so interesting blah blah blah

she: blah blah blah

after class finishes:

you: hey, I need to go eat and get some brotein up in me before my 18 inch broceps starts going catabolic on me, wanna come?

she: mmm sure *starts getting red*

done

This works. Unless of course you have 17 inch arms. Might as well give up. Or maybe just eat more brotein.

Archived