Premed 101 Forums

How do you ask a girl out?

juice

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't girls get creeped out by that? Isn't it a bit forward.

Personnaly, I'd have more respect for a guy who doesn't wate his or my time. I like strong men, and I think alot of women do also. I mean, if you like someone, just ask them out, don't make it sound like a marriage proposal or something, because it's only a causal coffee/movie/whaterver activity you'd like to do.

With time it will get easier and you'll realize that it's not such a big deal. You invite a girl for a coffee and it doesn't automatically mean that you're mad in love with her. The only thing it means is that you'd like to spend some time with her to get to know her better, that's all.

Personnaly, I'd have more respect for a guy who doesn't wate his or my time. I like strong men, and I think alot of women do also. I mean, if you like someone, just ask them out, don't make it sound like a marriage proposal or something, because it's only a causal coffee/movie/whaterver activity you'd like to do.

With time it will get easier and you'll realize that it's not such a big deal. You invite a girl for a coffee and it doesn't automatically mean that you're mad in love with her. The only thing it means is that you'd like to spend some time with her to get to know her better, that's all.

Bad advice. Rather than be open and straight forward, you need to make asking a girl out into an elaborate game, whereby you leave messages for her at her work, on her answering machine, on her car window, all of them explaining how you are soul mates and are meant to be together. Keep in mind this should be before you ever actually meet her face to face (well, you will recognize her face). From what I am told girls love to be wanted, and there is nothing that says "I want you" more than obsessive and slightly psychotic behaviour. I mean you are ruining your mental health for her. That shows your level of commitment.

i usually just talk to people for a while and if you like each other it's pretty obvious, grab their number or go do something... there's a million places to meet people: parties, mutual friends, studying, yoga, sports, concerts... i' pretty add so i always talk to people when i'm in line for food or even if i have to say plug a computer in, as long as if they're talking about something interesting, but you have to seem genuinely interested in the topic otherwise you come off as a creep

Step 1) Leave apartment and take a break from studying

Step 2) Join in a group activity such as rock climbing

Step 3) Introduce yourself and get to know new people

Step 4) Get to know a cool girl that you like and ask her to hang out some other time.

+1

i should use this advice as well...!

talking to girls is so easy. You just need to accept the fact that you might fail and just go for it. I have a buddy of mine with ZERO game. Sometimes when out at bars he catches a girl looking at him several times. Like, what a dead giveaway to just go say hello. Yet he doesn't because he's waiting for the first move. Hence, he's alone.

Best way to let a total stranger know you're interested: the double-take followed by the blink-away. The double take is straight forward. The blink-away is sort of tough to master. Basically when she makes eye contact with you after the double-take, you blink. But when your eyes open you're looking in a different direction. So you need to shift your gaze in that split second your eyes are closed. A great tactic to keep them guessing.

All else fails just say something extremely lame. She'll think it's funny. Conversation I had with a girl at a bar once:

Me: Hey, what's your name?

Her: Natalie

Me: Oh, I think that's the most beautiful name in the English language.

Her: hahahaha

boom, ice broken.

talking to girls is so easy. You just need to accept the fact that you might fail and just go for it. I have a buddy of mine with ZERO game. Sometimes when out at bars he catches a girl looking at him several times. Like, what a dead giveaway to just go say hello. Yet he doesn't because he's waiting for the first move. Hence, he's alone.

Best way to let a total stranger know you're interested: the double-take followed by the blink-away. The double take is straight forward. The blink-away is sort of tough to master. Basically when she makes eye contact with you after the double-take, you blink. But when your eyes open you're looking in a different direction. So you need to shift your gaze in that split second your eyes are closed. A great tactic to keep them guessing.

All else fails just say something extremely lame. She'll think it's funny. Conversation I had with a girl at a bar once:

boom, ice broken.

Lol!! Nice :) how could you not smile at that?

boom, ice broken.

So Newf... This is a neuroscientific question for you. Do guys use their peripheral vision to look at girls? Hypothetically speaking, here's a situation. A guy is sitting with his buddy and they're talking. A girl he likes passes by him and stands a couple of meters away, talking with her friends. The guy looks at the girl and stares (or w.e.). However, when he's looking at his buddy, is he at the same time peripherally keeping track of that girl over there?

Also, what's this whole thing with guys staring at a girl? Are these the guys that are 100% confident and cocky or are they the ones that like the girl?

And another question. Why the hell would a guy pay attention to what you do, when you do it, and with whom if he was not interested in you?

I want answers... damn it! lol

I have a question about this whole deal. I've recently become very good friends with a guy who has been in a relationship for quite some time (years). When we talk he usually complains about his girlfriend or makes comments saying he thinks about what would have happened if he had broken it off, or how much easier things would be for him if he was single. He's a really nice guy, and I'd be down to date him. Thing is, he still has a girlfriend. Is he saying these things to me because he just looks at me as a friend or could he maybe be interested in me as well?

I have a question about this whole deal. I've recently become very good friends with a guy who has been in a relationship for quite some time (years). When we talk he usually complains about his girlfriend or makes comments saying he thinks about what would have happened if he had broken it off, or how much easier things would be for him if he was single. He's a really nice guy, and I'd be down to date him. Thing is, he still has a girlfriend. Is he saying these things to me because he just looks at me as a friend or could he maybe be interested in me as well?

Steer away! Do not get involved!

a) You do not want to be a home wrecker - he is possibly willing to cheat, if so, he will continue to string you along and never break it up with his dedicated gf

B) Even if he breaks it off with his gf and you become an item - you do not want to be with a guy that talks trash about his gf's, he will do the same about you to someone else

The blink-away is sort of tough to master. Basically when she makes eye contact with you after the double-take, you blink. But when your eyes open you're looking in a different direction. So you need to shift your gaze in that split second your eyes are closed. A great tactic to keep them guessing

OMG I do that all the time! I can't believe you codified that into the play book! jeniuz! :P

Most of what mike said is what guys do naturally I think. Hot girl walks by, you first notice, then its like "wait shes hot!" and you take a second look. If they catch you looking you want to play it off and not look like a stalker so you do the blink/shift gaze. Then theres nothing to overtly suggest you're a stalker but the girl goes into "wait was he checking me out?" and you let her think herself into a storm (girls are amazing at that) before you make the casual intro. No doubt she's been through all the good and bad "maybe he is...." and you just gotta show you're all the goods and none of the bads. :cool:

Step away from the situation. I'd advise you to do that. Especially if you have feelings for him. The reality of guys like him is that they will not break up with their gfs (or maybe they will but later) and you don't want to be in the middle of it. When he does break up with her, and you were involved in this, he will most likely go out with someone else... not you. So the best thing you can do for his sake, your sake and his gf's sake is to step away from the situation. If she irritates him THAT much, he will leave her and he'll be single eventually....

Steer away! Do not get involved!

a) You do not want to be a home wrecker - he is possibly willing to cheat, if so, he will continue to string you along and never break it up with his dedicated gf

B) Even if he breaks it off with his gf and you become an item - you do not want to be with a guy that talks trash about his gf's, he will do the same about you to someone else

+1,000,000!!

If he is really unhappy, then why is he still with her?! And like Oly said, the fact that he is bad mouthing his girl doesn't bode well for his potential as a future boyfriend. Find someone better :)

For all the men out there: confidence is sexy. so sexy. and compliments. never underestimate the power of a nice compliment.

Good luck !!

He might be just throwing out feelers. And/or trying to see if the grass is greener on the other side.

totally agree!! Chances are he's just talkin' and he does that kind of talkin' with more than 1 girl.

One of my best friends is like that and he used to play that game with me and a friend of mine (that was 4 years ago and he's still with his gf ;)).

C

He might be just throwing out feelers. And/or trying to see if the grass is greener on the other side.

So Newf... This is a neuroscientific question for you. Do guys use their peripheral vision to look at girls? Hypothetically speaking, here's a situation. A guy is sitting with his buddy and they're talking. A girl he likes passes by him and stands a couple of meters away, talking with her friends. The guy looks at the girl and stares (or w.e.). However, when he's looking at his buddy, is he at the same time peripherally keeping track of that girl over there?

Also, what's this whole thing with guys staring at a girl? Are these the guys that are 100% confident and cocky or are they the ones that like the girl?

And another question. Why the hell would a guy pay attention to what you do, when you do it, and with whom if he was not interested in you?

I want answers... damn it! lol

he likes you or thinks you're cute. no guy looks at girls hes not interested in for long periods of time

Archived