Premed 101 Forums

Which CEGEP should I Choose?

Incognito509

Hi everyone, I'm a french-speaking student and I would like to go in a english CEGEP to improve my english in the Health Science program ; I'm in sec.4 with a average of 82 % (My worst year... I was aBle to reach 85+ Before this year; ).I want to Be pharmacist My question is: Which cegep should I choose?

Hi everyone, I'm a french-speaking student and I would like to go in a english CEGEP to improve my english in the Health Science program ; I'm in sec.4 with a average of 82 % (My worst year... I was aBle to reach 85+ Before this year; ).I want to Be pharmacist My question is: Which cegep should I choose?

4-5 friends of mine that are now in premed at McGill went to Champlain St-Lawrence College. They've been giving me good feedback about the transition from French high school to English CEGEP. I guess it's up to you to find the one that is, maybe, closer to your home or the one that attract you more for several reasons (sport teams, labs, courses given...)

4-5 friends of mine that are now in premed at McGill went to Champlain St-Lawrence College. They've been giving me good feedback about the transition from French high school to English CEGEP. I guess it's up to you to find the one that is, maybe, closer to your home or the one that attract you more for several reasons (sport teams, labs, courses given...)

Pharmacy is not giving in english in Quebec.

Only University of Montreal and Laval University in Quebec City have a pharmacy program.

The nearest cegep from Pie-IX brigde is Cegep Ahuntsic and College Andre Grasset (private)

The nearest english cegep is Vanier College.

• 4 weeks later...
Pharmacy is not giving in english in Quebec.

Only University of Montreal and Laval University in Quebec City have a pharmacy program.

The nearest cegep from Pie-IX brigde is Cegep Ahuntsic and College Andre Grasset (private)

The nearest english cegep is Vanier College.

Oui c'est vrai il n'y a pas de programme de pharmacie clinique à McGill, par contre toutes les lectures sont en anglais alors c'est un bon coup de pouce de bien maîtriser l'anglais . Je t'encourage !

• 3 months later...

Well I'm happy, I was able to improve my grades in science, almost reaching the 80's! This said, I was wondering how does the english test for students comming from french speaking High school looks like. Is it a essay to write about a given subject or more a heavy grammar exam.... Futhermore, what happens if you fail it?

Well I'm happy, I was able to improve my grades in science, almost reaching the 80's! This said, I was wondering how does the english test for students comming from french speaking High school looks like. Is it a essay to write about a given subject or more a heavy grammar exam.... Futhermore, what happens if you fail it?

Hey,

I'm not sure if there's one standardized entrance test for all English cegeps or it might change from cegep to cegep, but mine was just a reading (maybe a news paper article or some form of assertive essay) after which you had to write a page or two summarizing the main points/story while remaining as impersonal as possible (i.e. without using personal pronouns such as I, me, etc.). It was used to determine which English 101 class suit you best as some 101 classes would put more emphasizes on grammar, vocabularies, etc. in order to help those who need more help... so no worries :)

hope this helps

Oui c'est vrai il n'y a pas de programme de pharmacie clinique à McGill, par contre toutes les lectures sont en anglais alors c'est un bon coup de pouce de bien maîtriser l'anglais . Je t'encourage !

toutes les lecteurs en pharmd à l'udem sont en anglais? :eek: Je pensais que c'était juste les livres :confused:

Archived