Premed 101 Forums

post MMI thoughts (no contents about MMI here)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes is definitely enough time to write an essay, but the thing that happened, is that you look up at the board... see it started at 11:28... then you check your watch and notice it is 11:50, and you still have 18 minutes left, so you start to talk more in detail and develop your ideas, etc, then 5 minutes later, they put on the board "3 minutes remaining" and you haven't even finished what you're talking about let alone a conclusion, because you thought you had 13 minutes left, and bam... its over.

I agree, we got 40 minutes, but they definitely screwed us with that time mistake

What are you babbling about? I was at 12:30 sunday, and I distinctly remember them using a wind-up timer. And no, they NEVER wrote the time on the board for our group. They only wrote X minutes left, and updated it at 20 min, 10 min, and 3 min.

What are you babbling about? I was at 12:30 sunday, and I distinctly remember them using a wind-up timer. And no, they NEVER wrote the time on the board for our group. They only wrote X minutes left, and updated it at 20 min, 10 min, and 3 min.

*HopefulMD was in a different group than you. I had my interview on Saturday and they also wrote the starting time on the board for our group. They probably did things a bit differently for each group.

Can you read properly at all?

A. I know they used a wind-up timer

B. That's what I was saying... they did "NOT" write X minutes left and did NOT update anything

and C. All they put was the start time... which was 10 minutes fast. (IF I had checked my clock when we started, I wouldn't have had an issue... since I would have seen it was actually 11:18, but I kinda trusted what he put on the board)

But, its over... I still think it went decent and there's nothing we can do

B. That's what I was saying... they did "NOT" write X minutes left and did NOT update anything

and C. All they put was the start time... which was 10 minutes fast. (IF I had checked my clock when we started, I wouldn't have had an issue... since I would have seen it was actually 11:18, but I kinda trusted what he put on the board)

In the real world, we should be keeping our own time because it's our future and we know that people make mistakes, even when they're the nicest of individuals. Let's not get aggressive! Aren't we stressed enough? :)

everyone got the same amount of time so it shouldn't be an issue. the sticking point seems to be that people couldn't plan out their time well, and didn't spend enough time on their conclusion. if it's just a 10-15 minute difference, then you should be able to more than make up for it given that you got essentially 25% more time to work on the body of your essay.

here's to betting though that when invites go out in May, this gets brought up again as an excuse for why applicant's didn't make the cut. and the beat goes on...

I was noon on Saturday and we had the same 'issue'...as in the clocks were not synced and the amount of time remaining was ambiguous. However if you noted the time that you started, you were ok...

Broccoli, you were at the same time as me :) wonder if I saw you there, or even talked to you!

You probably could have inferred that I meant to quote the guy who posted directly before you, and had just hit the wrong button without noticing.

Either way, my bad. But thank you for the concerns about my reading ability.

You probably could have inferred that I meant to quote the guy who posted directly before you, and had just hit the wrong button without noticing.

Either way, my bad. But thank you for the concerns about my reading ability.

I'm sorry for reacting the way I did man. It seemed like you commented on what i said but said the opposite, Which is why I said that, but it makes sense now that you hit the wrong quote.

Again, sorry for that.

I'm sorry for reacting the way I did man. It seemed like you commented on what i said but said the opposite, Which is why I said that, but it makes sense now that you hit the wrong quote.

Again, sorry for that.

And I mis-spoke again. I meant the guy who posted right after you haha, he was the one spewing about 12:30 Sunday problems. Tough week for me it seems.

All good.

And I mis-spoke again. I meant the guy who posted right after you haha, he was the one spewing about 12:30 Sunday problems. Tough week for me it seems.

All good.

Haha I looked back and I figured you meant after me. The one before

Didn't really have too much of a relationship to you. Good luck this weekend and again, I am sorry!!

Relax bro, no need to get strung out. They wrote a start time on the board for us, then wrote the time remaining later on. If you don't see or hear someone write 20min remaining and you look up and see 20min when there's 11min remaining then it's not much help... it was obviously my fault for not keeping time hence my need to buy a watch. Alas, the purpose of my post was to let people know that there are others who are feeling stressed too.

• 1 month later...

Ahh what's with the stupid reminder emails?? Made my heart jump out of my chest... thought maybe something went wrong with a verifier or something.. or... early... acceptance :) haha not gunna lie it was in the back of my mind (not that I would consider myself worthy of such an honor)

Ahh what's with the stupid reminder emails?? Made my heart jump out of my chest... thought maybe something went wrong with a verifier or something.. or... early... acceptance :) haha not gunna lie it was in the back of my mind (not that I would consider myself worthy of such an honor)

ME TOO. I stopped breathing for a few seconds..

Checking verifiers now seems kind of odd since our pre-interview score is already determined. Maybe they are using it as a red flag... if they find that they can't contact multiple verifiers, they disqualify your application or something?

From the blog: "We start checking verifiers, at random, as soon as the dust has settled from the MMI. We usually won’t have all the essays graded and the final lists telling us who is getting an offer until a week or two before offers go out, which is not enough time to check verifiers. Consequently, we plug away at it through March and April, knowing that some of the checking is “wasted”. We also will keep checking after May 15th for people on the wait list if we have not gotten to it before hand. Really what we are looking for is gross misrepresentation of self, and if we find it (which we occasionally do) it doesn’t really matter if the offer has already been made – we will still retract it.

So in answer to your question, no, you really can’t draw any conclusions from the fact that your verifiers have been contacted."

Archived