Premed 101 Forums

2011 Waitlist Thread

Hey lol ya a little, although it doesn't say "Schulich Med" or anything, it actually says Pamela Bere and since we had corresponded earlier this week about the blog being updated (not to mention us corresponding all last summer lol) I wasn't jumping to conclusions when I saw her email. I was surprised though regardless.

Oh, well I suppose that makes it a little less dramatic lol.

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ws11 - I just want to say that currently you are my best friend for checking the fb group so diligently and keeping us up to date with the changes. You rule buddy.

Aww! Well I'm just glad I can be of help to you and to others. On that note..... the number is currently 107. I'll do the checking of the other groups thing tomorrow... too tired and need to sleep.

I'm most likely (95%) sure I'm going to accept the offer I got from Queens today and I will be off the UWO regular waitlist. Best of luck to everyone still waiting on the edge of their seats!

Thanks for letting us know, and congrats on Queens!!

Aww! Well I'm just glad I can be of help to you and to others. On that note..... the number is currently 107. I'll do the checking of the other groups thing tomorrow... too tired and need to sleep.

Hey I just wanted to express my gratitude!

I appreciate your effort!

And hopefully Jedi you get your acceptance soon!!

Hey I just wanted to express my gratitude!

I appreciate your effort!

And hopefully Jedi you get your acceptance soon!!

:) No problem! And definitely agree: Jedi, you have a lot of people crossing our fingers for you.

Sorry to post this during prime acceptance time, but just continuing with the above posts... thanks Jedi for being so helpful on the forum!

Your story has definitely given me the most hope for a good outcome from the waitlist! I'm sure it will turn out well for you this year!:)

Congratulations!! But yeah, this was my thought as well :confused:

Hey guys. I got in off the high wait-list right now. I was offered a spot at Windsor Campus. I'm suprised they are full in London already lol. There must not be many people that declined. Anyways, woohoo lol. Hope everyone else hears good news.

Hey guys. I got in off the high wait-list right now. I was offered a spot at Windsor Campus. I'm suprised they are full in London already lol. There must not be many people that declined. Anyways, woohoo lol. Hope everyone else hears good news.

Congrats!!! I knew your time was coming soon. And these early Windsor offerings do not bode well for those of us on the regular wait list :(

Congrats!!! I knew your time was coming soon. And these early Windsor offerings do not bode well for those of us on the regular wait list :(

I really hope you guys get in but I was suprised to hear that I was going to be at Windsor lol. It seems like the spots filled up fast!! If high wait-listers got accepted at Windsor today, I really hope they are enough spots left for everyone else. Good luck to you guys and let me know what happens in the upcoming weeks!!

Wow congratulations!!

It is somewhat discouraging though to know that we are still at high waitlist and Windsor spots are filling up..

Does anyone know if this was the case past years? Maybe Jedi?

Also, do we have an updated facebook numbers?

My optimism has taken a blow and I am not so confident anymore..

I was on Regular Waitlist, and received the call for Windsor campus (preferred was London) at 10:55 am. Congrats to all who have gotten in!!

Congrats; we're on the REGULAR LIST!!! Good luck everyone!

FACEBOOK UPDATE: currently at 108 total, with 5 of those being @ Windsor (in the Windsor Facebook group). So that would mean that approximately 30 individuals who were accepted to London did not join the Facebook group? Seems a little high, but I can't think of anything else that could possibly account for their offering Windsor to people whose preference is London.

Congrats; we're on the REGULAR LIST!!! Good luck everyone!

FACEBOOK UPDATE: currently at 108 total, with 5 of those being @ Windsor (in the Windsor Facebook group). So that would mean that approximately 30 individuals who were accepted to London did not join the Facebook group? Seems a little high, but I can't think of anything else that could possibly account for their offering Windsor to people whose preference is London.

Well, they are still waiting to hear back from the high priority wait listers (they have a week, right)...

So, maybe, they have offered the spots. But, for some reason, people have not replied because they are contemplating acceptances by two med schools (off wait lists). And if that is the case - the offers will come for the Windsor campus. We just have to wait it out and hope for even more movement as people reject their high priority offers in the coming week...

Is this making sense? Or am I just going off my rocker with nerves? :(

Well, they are still waiting to hear back from the high priority wait listers (they have a week, right)...

So, maybe, they have offered the spots. But, for some reason, people have not replied because they are contemplating acceptances by two med schools (off wait lists). And if that is the case - the offers will come for the Windsor campus. We just have to wait it out and hope for even more movement as people reject their high priority offers in the coming week...

Is this making sense? Or am I just going off my rocker with nerves? :(

Yeah, I see what you're saying. Maybe they're making offers to Windsor today because those are the next spots open, but if the waitlisted people who they made offers to in past days reply and decline, they would then offer a London spot to the next person who was offered Windsor, if London had been their preference.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. Maybe they're making offers to Windsor today because those are the next spots open, but if the waitlisted people who they made offers to in past days reply and decline, they would then offer a London spot to the next person who was offered Windsor, if London had been their preference.

Exactly! :)

So - there's still lots of hope!

Regular wait list has now started moving...

Let's keep our fingers crossed ><

And - I know, I know, most of you would just rather focus on this - but, in my usual style, here's something for you guys to watch and smile about/ridicule -

GOOD LUCK y'all! :D

Archived