Premed 101 Forums

Official Waitlist Movement Tracking Thread

yeah i was wondering that too...they also told me on the phone that they were going to move to the wait-list as soon as people pass on acceptances...but it seems very strange that there haven't been any posts on here yet...maybe they're taking a few days before people are contacted or maybe they'll just end up waiting until after the acceptance deadline.

i quickly looked at some posts from last year and it doesn't look like there was any wait-list movement until after the acceptance deadline.

in summary, this was a pointless post that will be of no use to anybody.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah i was wondering that too...they also told me on the phone that they were going to move to the wait-list as soon as people pass on acceptances...but it seems very strange that there haven't been any posts on here yet...maybe they're taking a few days before people are contacted or maybe they'll just end up waiting until after the acceptance deadline.

i quickly looked at some posts from last year and it doesn't look like there was any wait-list movement until after the acceptance deadline.

in summary, this was a pointless post that will be of no use to anybody.

I know of some people in my class who were offered acceptances one week after the original acceptances were sent out.

Am I the only one wondering why we haven't heard about any movement yet? I know that not everyone frequents this forum, but you would think enough people would have made their decisions by now for us to see SOME movement. Last year it was about 5 days after decision day that the waitlist started moving.

Either many people on this thread have lied and they actually haven't declined their offers(or haven't declined them yet) OR Ottawa isn't actually notifying people "as" others decline...in either case, the wait is killing me!

Either many people on this thread have lied and they actually haven't declined their offers(or haven't declined them yet) OR Ottawa isn't actually notifying people "as" others decline...in either case, the wait is killing me!

Or not every person involved is registered on these boards.

I think it would be favourable for us waitlisters if Ottawa didn't notify people ' as others decline'... think about it, if you are on multiple waitlists, and one of them calls to say you're accepted and that you have to decide right away, you will probably take the offer. I hope Ottawa takes their sweeeeeeeeeet time :P

Am I the only one wondering why we haven't heard about any movement yet? I know that not everyone frequents this forum, but you would think enough people would have made their decisions by now for us to see SOME movement. Last year it was about 5 days after decision day that the waitlist started moving.

Also, admission offers for some Western schools go out tomorrow. Last year, I think Ontario schools and Western schools had their offers go out on pretty similar dates. There could be people who received an offer at Ottawa, but are waiting out on schools out west.

I may be jumping the gun here, but I think I just got moved to the top of the Ottawa waitlist! I found an email from Chantal asking me to call her ASAP. Unfortunately, I got the email at 5pm and she's out of office at 4... so I will need to wait until Monday to know for sure! It's going to kill me!

I may be jumping the gun here, but I think I just got moved to the top of the Ottawa waitlist! I found an email from Chantal asking me to call her ASAP. Unfortunately, I got the email at 5pm and she's out of office at 4... so I will need to wait until Monday to know for sure! It's going to kill me!

That's pretty much the standard "coming off the waitlist" email. Congrats! Did you miss a call earlier today?

Hey guys,

Thought I'd let you know that the waitlist has started moving.

I got a call from Chantal today (not quite sure when she called my house, but I got an email on my phone around 3:45pm).

I will probably be accepting.

For stats:

wGPA: 4.0

English Stream

I'm sure she'll be calling many more people this coming week.

Good Luck!

wGPA = 4.0, English stream. I do have a missed call. It looks like they're onto the next interview score group. My friend, also with wGPA 4.0 got a call today too. Unfortunately, neither of us were around to actually speak with Chantal!

wGPA = 4.0, English stream. I do have a missed call. It looks like they're onto the next interview score group. My friend, also with wGPA 4.0 got a call today too. Unfortunately, neither of us were around to actually speak with Chantal!

Don't you mean the next GPA group?

Edit: and do they call people with the same GPA and interview score on the same day?

i received the same call and email, unfortunately i too missed both by 4pm! Does anyone know if we have time to accept the offer or is it right away?

You'll have to accept more or less right away but you get time (a week?) to pay your deposit so you can decline in that week without losing anything.

But I guess I’ll be taken off the U of T waitlist? There’s no way to wait out both?

Yeah if you accept your offer you'll be taken off the TO waitlist. But as mentioned, you do have approx 1 week to decide. Take that week to consider both options. Are you willing to take the risk hoping for TO? You have a sweet offer right in front of you.

Hi future doc?, can you post up your wGPA? Has anyone with a 4.0 on the good waitlist but has NOT received the email? This wait is sooo dreadful...

It's a good sign the waitlist movement has started. But don't rely solely on these forum stats, they aren't really a good representation of the actual movement. Hoping for the best to all of you waiting!

Hey,

I was put on the badwaitlist for the french stream. Does anyone have any idea how much students are on the good waitlist and if I have any chances at all?

I was on the good waitlist two years ago and was never called. The waitlist for the French stream barely moves at all. Work towards your plan B for next year. Good luck and don't give up! I was bad waitlisted first time, good waitlisted second time and got in now on my third try (French stream).

Archived