Premed 101 Forums

Official Waitlist Movement Tracking Thread

Hi future doc?, can you post up your wGPA? Has anyone with a 4.0 on the good waitlist but has NOT received the email? This wait is sooo dreadful...

According to a previous post by future_doc? (sorry for being stalker-ish), it seems that his/her wGPA is 3.91. That looks like a HUGE jump...maybe there were only a few people in the first interview score group?

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah if you accept your offer you'll be taken off the TO waitlist. But as mentioned, you do have approx 1 week to decide. Take that week to consider both options. Are you willing to take the risk hoping for TO? You have a sweet offer right in front of you.

A bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush.

According to a previous post by future_doc? (sorry for being stalker-ish), it seems that his/her wGPA is 3.91. That looks like a HUGE jump...maybe there were only a few people in the first interview score group?

hmm... if you look back to two years ago, the GPAs were all over the place. so maybe the composite score is 50/50 gpa and interview. I guess we can't say much right now. To the lurkers out there (:P ), please post up your wgpa if you were called. :)

Hey,

I was put on the badwaitlist for the french stream. Does anyone have any idea how much students are on the good waitlist and if I have any chances at all?

Hey - Try again! I got bad waitlist at Ottawa last year and waitlist at U of T last year. I applied much more broadly this year, had more interviews, and did a lot more interview prep, so I felt pretty confident. I've already been accepted at other schools, but Ottawa is my first choice. Try again! It is possible to turn it around!

hmm... if you look back to two years ago, the GPAs were all over the place. so maybe the composite score is 50/50 gpa and interview. I guess we can't say much right now. To the lurkers out there (:P ), please post up your wgpa if you were called. :)

Remember that movement on this forum is not representative of the whole wait list though! Last year there was a very active wait list thread, and it became pretty clear that students are ranked by interview score and then GPA.

The big jump also could mean that there are many students who have accepted offers from other schools and thus have removed themselves from the wait list. But yes, the forum is not a true representation of what is really going on, so we need to be realistic as well (yet hopeful!)

Hopefully some of us hear back next week, but my gut tells me they won't call till next week...hopefully my gut is wrong:cool:

Hey guys,

Yes my wGPA is 3.91 for U of T but 3.88 for Ottawa. As such, maybe I was at the bottom of the previously accepted interview score? And now they’re moving on to the next ones and hence we see 4.00’s? Just a thought though, pure speculation.

But good luck to all those waiting!! (yn)!

Yeah Abee was referring to those off the wait list.

Future doc, you received a call around 4:00PM correct? I think Abee got a call at about 3:45PM, which means they are working down the list, so probably you two are on the same interview score group...just a thought!

Yeah Abee was referring to those off the wait list.

Future doc, you received a call around 4:00PM correct? I think Abee got a call at about 3:45PM, which means they are working down the list, so probably you two are on the same interview score group...just a thought!

hey i got my call at 3:20ish

Archived