Premed 101 Forums

You can apply to Western after 1st year of second degree right?

I've read on here that if someone is doing a 2yr second degree they can apply after the first year and get conditional acceptance, if they can complete their degree (and meet the req GPA) the next year. Is this true? I looked it up on the Western site and this is what it says.

13. What if I already have an undergraduate degree but am working towards or have recently completed a second undergraduate degree?

Students who already have one undergraduate degree and are working towards, or have recently completed, a second degree are not eligible to apply before the final year of their program, which must be an Honors Degree or equivalent program. Three out of 5 full or equivalent courses taken in each of the upper years of the second degree program must be senior-level courses. GPA consideration is based on the two best years of the second degree program only. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of admission must complete all second degree program requirements prior to registration in the M.D. program. (Approved by the Medicine Admissions Committee, May 2008)

I am guessing in order to do that you would have to have enough transfer credits that the senior course load rule is pretty easy to get since all that you would have to is the require upper year courses :)

As always check in with the office for special cases like this for piece of mind, but I believe I have seen this done before.

Archived