Premed 101 Forums

Official 2011/2012 Applicant Thread

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys, do you know if there's any way to check whether or not OMSAS has received your reference letters and transcripts? I'm always paranoid that they might have gotten lost in the mail or something :S
OMSAS will update your application with this information once you submit your app and pay the fees.

I am sorry if this questions has been asked before, I did try searching. I am filling the responsibilities box for OMSAS but the character length shown on MS word does not match OMSAS' count.

I am pressing enter after each point so that they appear on separate line (like bullet points). Is pressing enter counted as one or two characters by OMSAS?

so I just received this really random email from the Medical College of Wisconsin and I wanted to get peoples opinion on it. I'm not sure if this is a scam or what so any feedback would be appreciated! This is the first part of the email that was sent to me:

Recently the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW ) received from the AAMC your new MCAT results. Our Admissions Committee believes that, should your academic and supporting credentials complement these scores, you may be a competitive candidate for the entering class of 2012. Please allow me to briefly introduce you to MCW.

What does everyone think?

I am sorry if this questions has been asked before, I did try searching. I am filling the responsibilities box for OMSAS but the character length shown on MS word does not match OMSAS' count.

I am pressing enter after each point so that they appear on separate line (like bullet points). Is pressing enter counted as one or two characters by OMSAS?

I believe spaces counts as characters on OMSAS. So don't skip lines to save characters.

so I just received this really random email from the Medical College of Wisconsin and I wanted to get peoples opinion on it. I'm not sure if this is a scam or what so any feedback would be appreciated! This is the first part of the email that was sent to me:

Recently the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW ) received from the AAMC your new MCAT results. Our Admissions Committee believes that, should your academic and supporting credentials complement these scores, you may be a competitive candidate for the entering class of 2012. Please allow me to briefly introduce you to MCW.

What does everyone think?

It's spam, ignore it. I think it's an auto-email generated from AAMC/AMCAS.

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but for the Ottawa formal education details, it states that you need "the equivalent of two full-year courses from the following chemistry courses: i) general biochemistry without laboratory session..."

My question is would a general biochem course with lab count as well? Thanks

Dumbest question in the world....

Why can't I access AAMC/MCAT to release my scores on my laptop? Whenever I click on the AAMC/MCAT link in google, or physically type it into the address bar, it says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.... Diagnose conntection problems... etc". If I do it from my blackberry it works so obviously it's not the AAMC site itself (but I don't know if I should attempt to do what I need to do from my blackberry). But why the F can't I get it to open on my laptop???? I remember having this issue last year (on the same laptop). I just went to another computer in the house and did it and it was fine. This year, since I'm on my own, all I have is this one, so I need to figure out why I can't get onto the AAMC website!

If no one knows why, I guess I'll try and do it on my blackberry, but I like having a slightly bigger screen to work with........

Dumbest question in the world....

Why can't I access AAMC/MCAT to release my scores on my laptop? Whenever I click on the AAMC/MCAT link in google, or physically type it into the address bar, it says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.... Diagnose conntection problems... etc". If I do it from my blackberry it works so obviously it's not the AAMC site itself (but I don't know if I should attempt to do what I need to do from my blackberry). But why the F can't I get it to open on my laptop???? I remember having this issue last year (on the same laptop). I just went to another computer in the house and did it and it was fine. This year, since I'm on my own, all I have is this one, so I need to figure out why I can't get onto the AAMC website!

If no one knows why, I guess I'll try and do it on my blackberry, but I like having a slightly bigger screen to work with........

Try this out, cnb:

https://services.aamc.org/mcatthx/

Please let me know if it works.

That's so odd.

Try this out, cnb:

https://services.aamc.org/mcatthx/

Please let me know if it works.

That's so odd.

Same thing: "Internet explorer cannot display the webpage"

I've tried diagnosing connection problems (obviously there aren't any b/c I'm on here)... I've tried opening different windows and trying.. Nothing. It's like the webpage doesn't exist from this computer or something...

I've tried diagnosing connection problems (obviously there aren't any b/c I'm on here)... I've tried opening different windows and trying.. Nothing. It's like the webpage doesn't exist from this computer or something...

Did you try on another browzer?

Have you tried restarting the PC?

What is your operating system?

Have you tried restarting the PC?

What is your operating system?

I have windows 7 and Internet Explorer 8 or 9.

I just phoned my bro in AB and asked him to see if the website works for him (he has the same computer and OS as me) and it works for him. WTF... It's like my computer doesn't want me to be able to release my scores!

Go to firefox.com and install that. It's more reliable than Internet Explorer in general.

That HAS to work, lol

My bro told me to download google chrome and try it. It works :)

However, he tried it using both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.... and it works for him on both.

Still confused why I couldn't get it to work on IE.

Which is better- IE, GoogleChrome, or Firefox?

Archived