Premed 101 Forums

Can't decide between 2 undergrads

Hey everyone,

I know there have been many similar threads before, but after reading 35 pages of posts, I can't decide between anatomy and cell biology, and physiology.:confused:

-I checked all the classes of each program. Both of them seem very interesting. In my 4th cegep semester i had a physio class (it's very, very vague) but it covers most of the physiology classes at mcgill (as in i have an idea what each class talks about).

-The forums are saying that in anatomy it is much easier to get a high GPA.

I just need the advice of people currently in either program or who finished them. Also, could anyone tell me how hard each year is for each program? for example 1st year physio is "easy", 2nd is very hard, 3rd is hard, etc.

Thank you very much!

Hey everyone,

I know there have been many similar threads before, but after reading 35 pages of posts, I can't decide between anatomy and cell biology, and physiology.:confused:

-I checked all the classes of each program. Both of them seem very interesting. In my 4th cegep semester i had a physio class (it's very, very vague) but it covers most of the physiology classes at mcgill (as in i have an idea what each class talks about).

I just need the advice of people currently in either program or who finished them. Also, could anyone tell me how hard each year is for each program? for example 1st year physio is "easy", 2nd is very hard, 3rd is hard, etc.

Thank you very much!

anatomy is, IMHO, easier because a lot of it was just straight memorization.

by physio you mean physiology right? in that case, U1 = easy, U2 = hardest (electrophysiology anyone? :P ), U3 = not too bad (deps on your electives).

anatomy is, IMHO, easier because a lot of it was just straight memorization.

by physio you mean physiology right? in that case, U1 = easy, U2 = hardest (electrophysiology anyone? :P ), U3 = not too bad (deps on your electives).

Yeah physiology, thanks for your help. Do you also know how hard are the 3 years of anatomy? thanks

Anatomy is kind of known to be the easiest "pre-med" major. So it doesn't really get much easier.

However, personally, I'd go into physiology as it also teaches/forces you to think and apply your knowledge.

alright, thanks for your advice. But, do you think that they prefer a physiology student to an anatomy student with the same GPA?

Hey everyone,

Thank you very much!

Come study in Engineering ; we got cookies :D.

do you think that they prefer a physiology student to an anatomy student with the same GPA?

Totally irrlevant, it could be music, literature, languages or anything else.

When you get to the MMI, that shows your important characteristics which is way more meaningful than what you happened to study.

hey you were in engineering? I am planning on going to engineering myself, and then apply to med. which engineering did you do?

I'm going to apply into med. I am currently in Software Engineering with a decent GPA (not ELITE caliber, but enough to get me interviewed...I think).

Totally irrlevant, it could be music, literature, languages or anything else.

When you get to the MMI, that shows your important characteristics which is way more meaningful than what you happened to study.

It should be atleast a science bachelor to prepare you "well" though I some schools say other bachelor programs are okay as well.

As for anatomy vs physio, there is no significant difference in preference when it comes to admissions.

Hey everyone,

Thank you very much!

For the 2 first years, more than 50% courses are the same for Anatomy and cell biology and Physiology.

Also, you can switch the program after the first year.

So, don't bother about it.

It should be atleast a science bachelor to prepare you "well" though I some schools say other bachelor programs are okay as well.

As for anatomy vs physio, there is no significant difference in preference when it comes to admissions.

Really? I always heard that if you completed a Science program in cegep then the university bachelor is totally up to you? All the prep you need is in your cegep classes, you're good no matter what you major in.

Archived