Premed 101 Forums

Graduate Residence at Alberta

in any case, i dont know if you'd want to live there. they are mighty tiny (<400 sq ft)

Haha, oh man, you're so spoiled. :P The dorm room I had in 2nd year undergrad was 14'4" by 7'. A while ago someone went to the trouble of finding out info about the state penitentiary, and their single cells were actually bigger than that, so if you lived in one of these singles, you were sort of a legend.

I developed a mild case of claustrophobia after that experience.:(

Haha, oh man, you're so spoiled. :P The dorm room I had in 2nd year undergrad was 14'4" by 7'. A while ago someone went to the trouble of finding out info about the state penitentiary, and their single cells were actually bigger than that, so if you lived in one of these singles, you were sort of a legend.

hahaha yea, i guess i am. I lived in a single res room for 2 years, but when you're 18 or 19 it is much more tolerable. At 20 I lived in what is called a 1 and a half in montreal, basically a studio apartment with a half fridge, 2 stovetop elements, no oven, a bathroom sink that basically sat on your lap while you use the facilities, etc. I remember before I moved in I prepared a drawing to scale and then purchased furnishings that could both be moved in and set up in that tiny space. LOL

When you're OLD it seems you need room for all the crap you've accumulated, hence my need for >400 sq ft...

• 1 year later...
You can't live there. Medical students are technically undergraduates still.

Taken from the Graduate Residence website:

Who lives here:

Graduate students (priority)

Students in Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Law

Priority is given to grad students but med students can still live there.

I am still scared of going in rooms like that due to dorm rooms. *shudder*

Archived