Premed 101 Forums

OSAP funding for dental school

Can anyone who is going to either U of T or UWO for dentistry and applied for OSAP give an estimate of what kind of funding OSAP is giving? I applied for OSAP, and my funding seems kinda small, can't seem to cover much. In addition, its mostly just loans, no grants. Any insight would be helpful.

most likely going to uoft and i got $15,000, the maximum i believe. how much are u getting? weird i thought most ppl just get the full amount without any problems. do u own a car or something?

I got $17000ish with around $3000 in free grants and another ~$2000 in UTAPS (UofT grant).

To get that much you must not be living at home, and must be more than 4 years out of high school.

On top of that there is OSOGs which could correlate to thousands more in free money which I didn't seem to qualify for but some people will.

Going to UWO, so will be living away from home here. I got 14,000, I just wasn't sure what the maximum is? Is it possible to get more than 17K? I only got like $900 in grant, the rest is loan, so was surprised by that small amount. I have also been out of high school for more than 4 years, but did have co-op last year, so my income seems a bit higher than it usually is, which may have affected my estimate.

Going to UWO, so will be living away from home here. I got 14,000, I just wasn't sure what the maximum is? Is it possible to get more than 17K? I only got like $900 in grant, the rest is loan, so was surprised by that small amount. I have also been out of high school for more than 4 years, but did have co-op last year, so my income seems a bit higher than it usually is, which may have affected my estimate.

you still don't have to pay 1/2 of that back - effectively that is quite a big grant :)

Going to UWO and living by myself. I have been out of high school for over 4 years. I didn't work this summer so barely have anything in the bank. I got an estimate of 10000. I wonder why it's over 5 thou lower than most??? And yea, the rest is comin from an LOC from Scotia.

Archived