Premed 101 Forums

PHGY212

Guest richmond604

Guest richmond604

I posted this under General Premed Discussions but got no response......so i figured I should post this in here, hopefully ppl in here know more about this topic

I'm just wondering if a lab such as PHGY212 at McGill would count as a course itself since it has its own lecture (even though it is only 1.0credit)

I want to maitain a "full course load" but don't know if i can get away with this "course" :P

thanks

Guest mm201

I do not know the answer to your question, but I would suggest that you contact the admission office about it. First they know better than anybody else. Second you do not want somebody here to tell you that this is fine and then find out later from the admission office that it is not.

Guest medicator007

Being an ex-bio major i don't know the answer first hand... however several of my classmates did physiology and i distinctly remember them having the exact same concern and question regarding that course. To the best of my knowledge they were able to have a full course load count for McGill... but as suggested above, i'd want to double check with the nice admissions office folks.

Medicator

Guest richmond604

hey medicator, if that's the case, it isn't such a bad idea taking summer courses then which I'll be doing.

whole 8 credits of organic chem :)

but again, I'm not sure how strict they are on "15/semester" as opposed to "30/year". It would be a lot easier if they just set the requirement to "30/year."

Thanks again

Guest medicator007

Again don't quote me on this, since I never did it personally... but they get plenty of applicants from Physiology, this is a question I am sure they have answered several times, and I think its ok.

When you do get a final answer, kindly post it here for all the others who may have the same question.

Medicator

Guest noncestvrai

I took 212 in my last year, that year was 14+16 credits, in the fall and winter respectively.

Otherwise, I was at 15 or more all my other semesters.

noncestvrai

• 2 weeks later...
Guest richmond604

I just finished my last exam and it was tough.

About 15 credits/semester thing, I paid a personal visit to the admissions office. The lady explained it is okay to have 1 semester without 15 credits, but shoudln't be more than one. So it was okay in your case noncestvrai :)

I told her I would be taking summer courses so thats why I'll be getting less credits during one semester, but she said it's not encouraged to take summer courses to "get ahead". :\

So I'm bit confused now.

Btw, I already have one semster without 15 credits (i had 14) already, and that was because I had some AP credits from high school.

Why does McGill want students to carry full course load? |I

I don't know what to do next year........I mean, I could always have 17 credits in first semester, and 16 in the second (with 2 electives unrelated to my degree>: ) But I am afraid to not getting very good marks if I take too many courses at once, especially courses that aren't related to my degree.

Or I could drop summer courses.....but its different because dr.fenster is teaching organic chem in the summer

ai...decisions decisions

• 1 year later...

Archived