Premed 101 Forums

OOP acceptances?

Guest interviewed

Guest interviewed

Hello everyone, I was wondering if any OOP has received mail or checked on Minerva to find out if they're accepted/waitlisted/rejected?

I'm out of province and my minerva status changed to admitted with condition sometime around the 22nd. I'm still waiting for something in the mail though.

Guest Yacek

I'm an OOP and I just got waitlisted. On Minerva, it says "32 - Waiting List". Does that mean that I'm #32 from the top of the list? Also, does anybody know how many people get waitlisted?

Thanks

Guest medicator007

Yacek,

I may be mistaken, but if i recall from past years.... 32 was just the minerva code for "the waiting list" and to the best of my knowledge does not imply your position on said list. I think that you can contact the admissions office and find out your place on the waiting list.

Take heart as I know the OOP waiting list moves much more than the In-Province one.

Good Luck,

Medicator

Guest tooks04

Hi!

I received my dreaded waitlist letter yesterday... the info has been up for about on week on Minerva - mine also says 32-wait list. I called the office last week and the lady said there are 22 people on the waitlist and she can also tell you whether you're in the top or the bottom half!

In terms of the wait list... how much does it usually move?? and does this usually happen after ontario results come out?

Guest medicator007

G'day,

I don't know exactly how much the waitlist moves, but i have heard in past years that the whole class' cohort of OOP students was taken off of the waitlist, so thats a good sign! As for the relation to Ontario, I think you are right in terms of the fact that I would expect to start to see some movement once those 5 schools start releasing their results.

All the best,

Medicator

• 3 weeks later...
Guest interviewed

I called the admissions office and they told me that we can expect movement in the wait list in mid/late May. She also said that we can call them every 2 weeks or so to ask about our status and any waitlist movements.

Good luck to everyone on the waitlist.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tooks04

Received a large envelope from mcgill yesterday...

tore it open...

there it was... a shiny red folder containing a letter with those sweet words: "we'd like to offer you a place in our class!"

YAY!!!!

:rollin :eek

I guess this means that the waitlist is moving!!!

Good luck to the rest of you who are waiting!:D

Guest medicator007

Congratulations!!!!!

I know too well the joy that comes upon seeing that shiny red folder when u tear open the envelope. It's akin to finding the golden ticket in a chocolate bar!!! :rollin

Will you be accepting the admission and attending McGill? If so, welcome and see you around sometime in the fall.

Good luck to those of you still waiting!

Medicator

Guest interviewed

Congratulations!!!

It's nice to hear that the waitlist is moving. A couple quick question though, did Admissions office try to call you before sending the shiny red envelope? Also, did your status change on Minerva? I'm asking because I'm also on the waiting list but will be out of the country for most of the summer with only periodic internet access.

Cheers and congrads again!

Guest tooks04

Hi

thanks to everyone for the support!

Yes! I am for sure coming to McGill, I just payed my deposit and declined my current acceptance at U of A - that was hard because I had to sit in the office with the admissions lady while I wrote and signed a statement of decline... she kind of dragged it out... It was hard, but I'm soooooo excited about coming to McGill!!!

In regards to how I found out... they didn't call, I just received the package out of the blue - the letter was dated May 10, so it took a whole week to reach me in Alberta. I hadn't checked Minerva since April, but I figure my status changed as soon as they sent out the letter. I'm pretty sure Minerva contains the most up to date info, because you confirm your acceptance and pay your deposit online through Minerva.

I hope this helps anyone who is still waiting!

Now I have to find a place to live?? ackkk??

• 2 years later...

Archived