Premed 101 Forums

Orientation Day for Med-P

CREA.tive

3 hours maximum for last year.

You will hear several speeches (dean, 2 medical students and more) You will get a map of the campus and some useful informations.

You will also have the chance to meet Med1 students after the orientation if you have any questions ! Last year, medps were divided by the CEGEP they came from and paired with 1 Med1 from the same CEGEP, I guess it will be the same this year.

Oh ok! I thought there would more things to do:confused: I'm surprised that the university will automatically take away my spot if I don't show up on that day. It doesn't seem to be that big of a deal for other universities:eek:

I wish it could take place later so I wouldn't need to drive to Montreal for a 3hr meeting...

3 hours maximum for last year.

You will hear several speeches (dean, 2 medical students and more) You will get a map of the campus and some useful informations.

You will also have the chance to meet Med1 students after the orientation if you have any questions ! Last year, medps were divided by the CEGEP they came from and paired with 1 Med1 from the same CEGEP, I guess it will be the same this year.

Map of campus... All you need to know is that the med building is all the way on top of the hill ie as far as possible from the metro lol!! (I did 1 semester of PT there 10 years ago) Walking up and down hill during winter is an adventure in itself :D Oh and that the anatomy lab is across campus unless it's moved since.

Map of campus... All you need to know is that the med building is all the way on top of the hill ie as far as possible from the metro lol!! (I did 1 semester of PT there 10 years ago) Walking up and down hill during winter is an adventure in itself :D Oh and that the anatomy lab is across campus unless it's moved since.

Medps need to know where are most of the auditoriums/buildings because they have classes all around campus.

Leacock building, Trottier, Mass, Strathcona, Mcintyre....

It's only in MED1 and further that med students have 1-2 auditoriums.

Oh ok! I thought there would more things to do:confused: I'm surprised that the university will automatically take away my spot if I don't show up on that day. It doesn't seem to be that big of a deal for other universities:eek:

I wish it could take place later so I wouldn't need to drive to Montreal for a 3hr meeting...

Well you can visit the campus/Montréal !

If you wish to purchase used book from 2010-2011 medps, you could arrange something !

Well you can visit the campus/Montréal !

If you wish to purchase used book from 2010-2011 medps, you could arrange something !

Are there going to be a lot of students selling books afterwards?

And I'm supposed to receive an email with details some time soon....any idea when exactly?

Medps need to know where are most of the auditoriums/buildings because they have classes all around campus.

Leacock building, Trottier, Mass, Strathcona, Mcintyre....

It's only in MED1 and further that med students have 1-2 auditoriums.

I was just kidding :) McGill has a pretty huge campus that can indeed be very disorienting at first. Trottier too you say? I was there when it was first inaugurated lol.

Archived