Premed 101 Forums

Average Improvement on 2nd MCAT?

Sebriz

Hey guys, I know that there are threads on this already but I want to get a fresh personalized perspective on it.

I took the mcat in July of last year and studied for less then 2 months and got a 24Q. 9 BS 8 VR 7 PS. I was expecting to do a bit better then this but feel I was lulled into a false sense of security from a 31 on AAMC3 and 28+ on some EK/tpr tests I took (was hoping for a 26N at least on the real thing)

So my 2nd mcat is coming up again this year on August 12. I have studied PS like crazy and am doing practice problems like mad. I am starting to get really stressed out but I try to stay focused and to keep on schedule.

I have not studied for WS at all yet and when I did it the first time, it was like a week before so I think I will start it again when I do some of the 3 AAMC tests that I have bought (9,10,11) and getting some examples and things ready.

Well I have 2 questions:

How much do WS score fluctuate for you guys that have taken multiple tests?

Looking at what I have done, do you think that a 6 point improvement is unrealistic? I would be very happy with a 30Q but content with a 26N.

I have a decent amount of practice exams and 3 aamc cbt exams at my disposal that I have yet to crack into, I want to make sure I do them when I feel like I am ready for the test.. which right now I am not.

Other than USask, are there any schools that care/put a limit on mcat rewrites in Canada? I haven't seen any but I just want to make sure.

ahhhh wasn't there some school in Quebec that does?

McGill has something about that:

The Admissions Office will consider the highest overall result set of the available valid sets (sittings) and will not consider the individual subset scores from separate sets. All three numerical sections, the Biological Sciences (BS), Physical Sciences (PS) and Verbal Reasoning (VR), are considered. Competitive applicants tend not to have written the MCAT more than two times and have generally achieved a minimum overall numeric score of 30.

Archived