Premed 101 Forums

Ask a question for the person below you.

Cerena

Where's the question?? :mad:

Do you workout, and if so how many times per week and for how long?

The thousandth post was so important...

I haven't in a month or so but it used to be 4 days a week with a break in between each day, usually about an hour and a half a day.

If you could change one thing about Canada what would it be?

Probably 2-3

Do you think there would be a line up at the Apple store if Apple started selling bricks with apple logo on them?

I think even if the CEO stood at the door of their stores with a megaphone telling people how he's f***ing them out of their money in explicit detail, there'd still be a 3 block lineup for the brand new Iphone VI with *gasp* maps that actulaly work!

Are you an android supremacist?

I think even if the CEO stood at the door of their stores with a megaphone telling people how he's f***ing them out of their money in explicit detail, there'd still be a 3 block lineup for the brand new Iphone VI with *gasp* maps that actulaly work!

Are you an android supremacist?

No. I'm a mybeautifuloldphonethatmyfriendssayshouldbeinamuseumbuthasnevergivenmeasingleproblem supremacist.

If your friend has written a quiz or exam before you, do you ask them what was on it? (And vice versa if you've written first - do you tell them?)

No. I'm a mybeautifuloldphonethatmyfriendssayshouldbeinamuseumbuthasnevergivenmeasingleproblem supremacist.

If your friend has written a quiz or exam before you, do you ask them what was on it? (And vice versa if you've written first - do you tell them?)

No I don't. And no I wouldn't.

But if they were a really really good friend and I wanted them to do well, then I would tell them without expecting anything in return.

which class are you looking forward to most next semester?

27344761.jpg

Sometimes, not really doing anything wrong because the prof fully expects that people will do this and changes the tests anyways.

Is it a nokia? :D

No I don't. And no I wouldn't.

But if they were a really really good friend and I wanted them to do well, then I would tell them without expecting anything in return.

which class are you looking forward to most next semester?

Darn it amy

Uh abnormal psychology/ cell bio.

What's the longest continuous study sesh you've ever had?

27344761.jpg

Sometimes, not really doing anything wrong because the prof fully expects that people will do this and changes the tests anyways.

Darn it amy

Uh abnormal psychology/ cell bio.

What's the longest continuous study sesh you've ever had?

11 hours. Self-directed study of Perl. Kids were at my parents' house, my husband was out of town. Some women would go shopping, I sat at my computer learning Perl. Still not terribly good at it, though.

Are you a slow and steady studier, or a day-before-the-test crammer?

11 hours. Self-directed study of Perl. Kids were at my parents' house, my husband was out of town. Some women would go shopping, I sat at my computer learning Perl. Still not terribly good at it, though.

Are you a slow and steady studier, or a day-before-the-test crammer?

For biology/biochem memorization heavy courses slow

for chem/physics/math based courses I cram and get away with it

Right question

What are the ramifications of children going into puberty at younger ages?

For biology/biochem memorization heavy courses slow

for chem/physics/math based courses I cram and get away with it

Right question

What are the ramifications of children going into puberty at younger ages?

Ten year old girls are nightmares. Ten year old girls with PMS... I pity their parents. On the whole, we parents today seem to be forcing our kids to stay emotionally younger (eg. The responsibilities and freedoms I had at 12 are far, far beyond those of my friends' 12 year olds) while their bodies are maturing faster, so kids are likely, IMO, to become sexually active even longer before they are at a maturity level to make good choices about partners and protection. It worries me.

Favourite recently released movie?

Ten year old girls are nightmares. Ten year old girls with PMS... I pity their parents. On the whole, we parents today seem to be forcing our kids to stay emotionally younger (eg. The responsibilities and freedoms I had at 12 are far, far beyond those of my friends' 12 year olds) while their bodies are maturing faster, so kids are likely, IMO, to become sexually active even longer before they are at a maturity level to make good choices about partners and protection. It worries me.

Favourite recently released movie?

Breaking Dawn XD

Whose your favourite theoretical physicist out of Feynman, Oppenheimer, Einstein, Schrödinger, and Heisenberg? And why?

Breaking Dawn XD

Whose your favourite theoretical physicist out of Feynman, Oppenheimer, Einstein, Schrödinger, and Heisenberg? And why?

Well, as a personality I like Feynman the most, as far as contribution to the field...Heisenberg...

Who is your favorite of the "mainstream physicist personalities", Kaku, Tyson, Sagan, or Krauss?

Well, as a personality I like Feynman the most, as far as contribution to the field...Heisenberg...

Who is your favorite of the "mainstream physicist personalities", Kaku, Tyson, Sagan, or Krauss?

Out of the ones you listed Kaku I guess, caused I enjoyed his book Parallel Worlds--don't know much about the other ones. In general, I like Brian Greene and Stephen Hawking though

Favourite science book?

27344761.jpg

Hahaha no, LG. I did have a Nokia like that till 2010 though.

Out of the ones you listed Kaku I guess, caused I enjoyed his book Parallel Worlds--don't know much about the other ones. In general, I like Brian Greene and Stephen Hawking though

Favourite science book?

Brain Bugs by Dean Buanomano.

Favourite vacation you've ever been on?

not sure -- but it would take a while to count them. Other the ones in my room I have 2 boxes or so downstairs filled with books.

Favourite book you own?

The Wisdom of Whores.

Do you have a "cut off" in regards to the number of times you are going to apply to medical school before choosing another career path, or a "cut off" age?