Premed 101 Forums

Cell phone plans

thehockeykid

I've got a BB Torch with Rogers for $35 a month...

Unlimited incoming, 350 anytime, 1000 evening/weekend from 6PM

Unlimited social networking

Unlimited incoming text and 2500 outgoing texts

Caller ID, Voicemail

I don't know if this works with Bell or anyone else, but with Rogers, if you're currently a Fido or Rogers customer you can call Rogers Retentions (through cutomer relations) and work out a good deal if you're firm.

I have an iphone and my plan is 42$ a month... I have 500 mb data, advanced caller id, voicemail, 235 daytime minutes, unlimited nights starting at 6 and weekends and 2500 texts.

Which carrier?

I have an android and the $55 student plan from Telus:

- 1G data (don't use that much)

- 200 daytime minutes

- 6PM early nights & weekends

- unlimited texts

- 10 unlimited nationwide numbers (takes care of my long distance to the family hence no land line anymore)

- caller id for free carried over from when I was prepaid with them

- voicemail

Virgin Mobile offers pretty much the exact same plan right now also for $55. Can't wait for the day called id is included in all our plans like in the US :/

Hockeykid, if you find a better plan out there, let's say with fido, call bell and use this fido plan as an argument to get a deal with them. Bell will want to keep you and accomodate you. Usually bell will offer you what's called a retention plan, which will be better than the fido plan.

Which carrier?

I have an android and the $55 student plan from Telus:

- 1G data (don't use that much)

- 200 daytime minutes

- 6PM early nights & weekends

- unlimited texts

- 10 unlimited nationwide numbers (takes care of my long distance to the family hence no land line anymore)

- caller id for free carried over from when I was prepaid with them

- voicemail

Virgin Mobile offers pretty much the exact same plan right now also for $55. Can't wait for the day called id is included in all our plans like in the US :/

I am with rogers, but my brother got me this deal because he was with rogers for like 8 years or something and he had my number transferred from virgin mobile and kinda replaced his number/account with mine xD He spent like 2 hours on the phone with them...

My contract with Fido was about to expire so I called their customer service and I believe they transferred me over to their retention centre where I negotiated for a better plan:

200 daytime minutes

Unlimited evenings and weekends starting at 7 pm

Caller ID, voicemail,

Free incoming texts

2500 texts/month

Unlimited Fido to Fido calling

I'm paying $25/month on a no-contract basis.

i found a pretty cheap plan offered by wind mobile. One of my friends just told me about it and I will probably call them tommorw.

15/month

-100 roll over mins

-50 text msgs

-call id

-free ring tones

they seem really good in pricing and i do not use my phone that often so i believe this will suffice. Wind moblile also has other plans at competitive pricing unlimited everything (data, talk, text) plan for 30/month

I just heard about it now so i will still have to see if there will be any hidden charges

-service fee

-activation fee

-tricky fee

Archived