Premed 101 Forums

What role do residents play in healthcare?

ShoeLickMeds

Isn't that the reason why their tuition fees are the lowest in the whole of Canada (possibly North America) for in-province students? They may be least well-paid, but at least they don't have a 150k debt waiting for them compared to students from other schools.. Or am I missing something?

Right.

Assuming one chooses to go for Family Med (most common field i guess), does the low wages received by a Quebec resident offset that of the low tuition he/she paid, as compared to someone who attended an Ontario school and did their residency in Ontario?

I think this would be a impartial comparison as oppose to direct wage comparison..

Our tuition may be lower than in the rest of Canada, but I will still have a debt around six figures when I finish. Also, we pay double the taxes than the rest of Canada.

Really that's what you think? I think the tax difference between Quebec and Ontario is less than 5%. Look up your figures

Thanks for the article it's a great read.

Also it proves my point: Globalement, l'effort fiscal du Québec est de 117,2 % de la moyenne canadienne, contre 107 % pour l'Ontario, mais cette dernière dépasse le Québec en matière d'impôt foncier, avec 120 % de la moyenne canadienne, contre 106,8 % au Québec.

NB: it doesn't say 117% MORE than the rest of Canada, it simply says it's 117% the rest Canada.

Archived