Premed 101 Forums

OMSAS Sketch

I'm pretty sure if it's currently in the "writing" stage it doesn't count. As far as the scientific community is concerned, it doesn't exist. I'm fairly certain Ottawa specifically says for you to not include it.

But then again - you can throw it on your sketch. Worst case - they just don't take into account.

However, if you're at 49 items, this is the one to cut.

Just my thought...

From the OMSAS blurb about research:

Specify your education level, ie: 1st year of university and the title of the project. Indicate the type of publications: paper, abstract and presentation at a scientific meeting etc., accepted or published with a reference, but not submitted or in preparation.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you guys have your description/responsibility as one paragraph, with sentences separated by periods.

Or are you guys putting different sentences on different line - bullet point style?

I don't think there's a right answer. I did a bit of both, whatever best suited that particular description.

Ye good point. I was just worried about how it will appear to the admission committee member reading my apps. I hope OMSAS doesn't squish everything into a giant blob, in which case having paragraph/periods will be more beneficial. I don't have period at the end of my bullet points, so I hope it doesn't get read like a long ~150 character sentence.

Ye good point. I was just worried about how it will appear to the admission committee member reading my apps. I hope OMSAS doesn't squish everything into a giant blob, in which case having paragraph/periods will be more beneficial. I don't have period at the end of my bullet points, so I hope it doesn't get read like a long ~150 character sentence.
I think you should put periods after your short points. I can't remember if OMSAS will "squish everything into a giant blob", but why risk it?

• 1 year later...

Archived