Premed 101 Forums

Quote of the day

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The nice thing about teamwork is that you always have others on your side."

- Margaret Carty

"Snowflakes are one of nature’s most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together."

- Vista M. Kelly

"Organizations exist only for one purpose: to help people reach ends together that they couldn’t achieve individually."

- Robert H. Waterman

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

- Margaret Mead

"Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down."

- Oprah Winfrey

"Teamwork is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results."

- Fernando Bonaventura

"People are like dirt. They can either nourish you and help you grow as a person or they can stunt your growth and make you wilt and die."

- Plato

"We must remember that one determined person can make a significant difference, and that a small group of determined people can change the course of history."

- Sonia Johnson

"The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don't play together, the club won't be worth a dime."

- Babe Ruth

"One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team."

- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

"It is amazing how much you can accomplish when it doesn’t matter who gets the credit."

- Robert Yates

"A single arrow is easily broken, but not ten in a bundle."

- Japanese Proverb

"A group becomes a team when each member is sure enough of himself and his contribution to praise the skill of the others."

"The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team."

- Unknown

"One of the true tests of leadership is the ability to recognize a problem before it becomes an emergency."

- Arnold Glasow

"We could all use a little coaching. When you're playing the game, it's hard to think of everything."

- Jim Rohn

"Developing excellent communication skills is absolutely essential to effective leadership. The leader must be able to share knowledge and ideas to transmit a sense of urgency and enthusiasm to others. If a leader can't get a message across clearly and motivate others to act on it, then having a message doesn't even matter."

-Gilbert Amelio

"Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream."

- Malcolm Muggeridge

"A smile while giving honest criticism can make the difference between resentment and reform."

- Philip Steinmetz

"Tell me, I will forget. Show me, I may remember. Involve me, I will understand."

- Chinese Proverb

"A man who wishes to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd."

- Jack Lee

-The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.

-Leaders are made, they are not born. They are made by hard effort, which is the price which all of us must pay to achieve any goal that is worthwhile.

-Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence.

Vince Lombardi

I live by the rules of these quotes.

Are you bored with life? Then throw yourself into some work you believe in with all your heart, live for it, die for it, and you will find happiness that you had thought could never be yours.

Dale Carnegie

Do the hard jobs first. The easy jobs will take care of themselves.

Dale Carnegie

Do the thing you fear to do and keep on doing it... that is the quickest and surest way ever yet discovered to conquer fear.

Dale Carnegie

Don't be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves.

Dale Carnegie

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

-lao-tzu

Fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind.

Dale Carnegie

Feeling sorry for yourself, and your present condition, is not only a waste of energy but the worst habit you could possibly have.

Dale Carnegie

If only the people who worry about their liabilities would think about the riches they do possess, they would stop worrying.

Dale Carnegie

If you want to gather honey, don't kick over the beehive.

Dale Carnegie

Instead of worrying about what people say of you, why not spend time trying to accomplish something they will admire.

Dale Carnegie

One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.

Dale Carnegie

People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.

Dale Carnegie

"Nothing happens unless first a dream."

- Carl Sandburg

"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they may have planned for you? Not much."

- Jim Rohn

"It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly."

- Mabel Newcomber

"To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe."

- Anatole France

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose."

- Robert Byrne

"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

- William Jennings Bryan

My personal faves, both by Mr. Churchill

"Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, give up. Never give up. Never give up. Never give up." - Churchill

"The pessimist sees the problems in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every problem." - Churchill

Archived