Premed 101 Forums

Insite Ruling

NLengr

it's good for the economy though...

don't say that too loud, now that you're a professional your opinions become limited if you want to express them in any meaning way, unless you enjoy being called a heretic and having your professional reputation trashed

The war on drugs needs to end. It's obvious that prohibition is not working and is just a massive waste of resources and lives.

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I did a research paper on Insite for an English class last year- there is no similar place in the world that has been studied and received as many journals and research papers written about it. And considering almost 100% of those articles have shown that the place is extremely cost-effective in the long run, decreases the number of ER visits made by injection drug users, decreases used needles and drug paraphernalia in the streets, decreases the number of fatal overdoses and public drug use, decreases the transmission of HIV and Hepatitis among IDUs and seriously increases harm reduction and access to detox and rehab, among dozens of other fantastic things, it is my opinion that the court and citizens of Canada who know anything about it (members of the community, homelessness action groups and health care professionals) would not allow Harper's lame ass to shut it down.

Insite is a Godsend for thousands of Vancouverites <3

unless you've had it happen to you, they'll go for your license, send you to disruptive physician evaluations for bogus allegations, try and get patients to complain about you, give you access to their lawyers in a conflict of interest to get info on you... the process of speaking out when your regulatory body has no oversight is like being a union rep and speaking out against the mafia in the 60s

I'd rather have my reputation tarnished than sit by and be a yes man by adhering to popular "wisdom".

unless you've had it happen to you, they'll go for your license, send you to disruptive physician evaluations for bogus allegations, try and get patients to complain about you, give you access to their lawyers in a conflict of interest to get info on you... the process of speaking out when your regulatory body has no oversight is like being a union rep and speaking out against the mafia in the 60s

wow, where did you find out about all this? that's all a bit scary. as though there is no limit to their power :| where did you get all this from though

Do you think I'm afraid of speaking out? I've been doing it all my life and probably even had some against-the-grain answers on my interview. xojBH.gif

If the CPSBC wants to enforce a cookie cutter ideology that breeds doctors with absolutely no alternative perspective, then I'll fight them on it. That's only if what you say is true.

I am not getting it. They inject them drug to treat them from addiction? Can someone clarify it for me?

They aren't trying to treat the addiction, but rather the spread of diseases by providing a sanitary environment. They mean well.. but in the process are inhibiting social darwinism

Archived