Premed 101 Forums

Extracurriculars for Pharmacy

Rani

I'm a first year student trying to get into pharmacy in my later years (U of t or waterloo).

ECs always look good on applications, however will volunteering at a hospital or pharmacy (if possible), improve my chances of getting into Pharmacy?

I never heard of anyone volunteering at a Pharmacy :S

from the waterloo website:

http://www.pharmacy.uwaterloo.ca/future-students/non-academic-requirements

Your reference will then submit the completed Reference Letter Form directly to the Registrar's Office at the university. This individual should preferentially be a Pharmacist, so that they can comment on your suitability for the profession. Alternatively, a Physician or Nurse may act as your reference. In any case, the individual completing this form cannot be a relative of yours.

So, after reading that, has anyone ever volunteered at a pharmacy before, or known anyone that has?

What kind of ECs do Pharm students usually take part in?

I'm a first year student trying to get into pharmacy in my later years (U of t or waterloo).

ECs always look good on applications, however will volunteering at a hospital or pharmacy (if possible), improve my chances of getting into Pharmacy?

I never heard of anyone volunteering at a Pharmacy :S

from the waterloo website:

http://www.pharmacy.uwaterloo.ca/future-students/non-academic-requirements

So, after reading that, has anyone ever volunteered at a pharmacy before, or known anyone that has?

What kind of ECs do Pharm students usually take part in?

My friend volunteered at a pharmacy, they weren't looking for volunteers but she just went in and asked if she could volunteer/do any sort of work around to help her in seeing if she likes the pharmacy field- I guess you just have to ask around!

My friend volunteered at a pharmacy, they weren't looking for volunteers but she just went in and asked if she could volunteer/do any sort of work around to help her in seeing if she likes the pharmacy field- I guess you just have to ask around!

++

In terms of extracurriculars, there isn't really any specific club or anything they're looking for. They just like seeing that you get involved outside of studying. Taking on leadership roles is also something they like~

• 3 weeks later...

Archived