Premed 101 Forums

Decisions/wait lists/dates?

eller

First time applicant here! Unless I'm wrong, McGill gives out their admission decisions earlier than the French schools (March vs. May, right?). In addition, among French schools, there is the possibility I'll be wait-listed at my first choice and accepted outright at another school. I was wondering how to manage these decisions, especially as schools encourage applicants to decide quickly and reject offers to allow someone else to take their place. Could I keep my second choice open until I know for sure whether my first choice will take me?

Can anybody help me out? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
First time applicant here! Unless I'm wrong, McGill gives out their admission decisions earlier than the French schools (March vs. May, right?). In addition, among French schools, there is the possibility I'll be wait-listed at my first choice and accepted outright at another school. I was wondering how to manage these decisions, especially as schools encourage applicants to decide quickly and reject offers to allow someone else to take their place. Could I keep my second choice open until I know for sure whether my first choice will take me?

For the French speaking schools, you will have lots of time to make your final decision. :P Every med school in Quebec, every campus, is excellent without exception - so whatever decision you may ultimately make, you will not go wrong. Best of luck!

For most of the school you have something like two weeks to say yes or no. If you say yes, you must make a deposit. At l'Université de Montreal, it was around ~200$. If after making the deposit, you get in your first choice, you can go to you first choice university, but you loose your deposit.

All 4 faculties release the results of the CEGEP applicants at the same time(In May I believe).

On the other hand, OOP/IP/Int students are interviewed in February so the decisions are released in March I guess.

For the second interrogation you've asked, I guess it depends of your interview score/performance and on your rank on the list of honor+ rank of the waitlist. If, let's say, you get a high score, but not high enough to get an admission offer from all the 3 francophone faculties and you manage to be on the top of the waitlist of your favorite university, chances are that you will get in.

As long as one faculty accepts you, you'll do just fine like future_doc wrote.

As long as one faculty accepts you, you'll do just fine like future_doc wrote.

Could not tell something better.

I wante to go absolutly to UL but, heh, I got refused and I went to UdeS at Chicoutimi. I'm now living in a paradise and listening to all the complains of my friends at UL ;)

If you do not get your first choice, do not be sad and open your mind to enjoy where you got picked!

Archived