Premed 101 Forums

What are you going to do with your Iron Ring?

mm88

Will you wear your ring after you matriculate into med/dent/physio school?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Will you wear your ring after you matriculate into med/dent/physio school?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know

Calling all engineers past, present and future: if you for some strange reason picked engineering as a pre-med/dent/physio degree, or changed your mind about what you want to do for a career during your university studies, I'm curious to hear what you have to say about the post title.

I've a friend tell me that they would keep wearing it, to remind them of their professional obligations to society as a trained engineer and a physician.

Have you given much thought into what you're going to with your iron ring after you matriculate into a professional medical/health program? Post and explain your choice below.

Sweet. Thanks for the feedback. Few friends and I got into a debate over this. Some people are "purists" and think you should only wear your ring if you're a practising engineer. One of these friends is in the army, he does a combat job instead of a technical one and has sworn off wearing his ring until they put him in a "real" engineering job.

Crazy right?

Archived