Premed 101 Forums

Anyone enjoy watching surgical procedures online?

aaronjw

Since I've been out of commission for a bit I've indulged in some fetish behaviour by watching lots of surgical procedures online.

I've watched a whack lot of knee arthoscopes, knee replacements, hip replacements, shoulder surgeries, brain surgeries, heart bypass/artery repairs and even a heart transplant which was super cool.

Anyone else love watching this stuff?

Since I've been out of commission for a bit I've indulged in some fetish behaviour by watching lots of surgical procedures online.

I've watched a whack lot of knee arthoscopes, knee replacements, hip replacements, shoulder surgeries, brain surgeries, heart bypass/artery repairs and even a heart transplant which was super cool.

Anyone else love watching this stuff?

Any websites you recommend?

Youtube is actually pretty good for this sort of thing.

The one thing I cannot convince myself to watch- eye surgeries. Eyes freak me the **** out.

you and me both. Just can't do it. Mouth too for some reason. Absolutely zero interest in either of them so chances are likely if I end up in med school my fellow students won't have to worry about me encroaching on their high paying desires for a career in ophthalmology or trying to transfer to dentistry lol

Bwahaha!! I'm bookmarking that page, not a good idea to look now with my exams tomorrow :P

I'm the same btw, I find everything extremely fascinating... besides eyes.

Eyes and genital organs scare the Hell out of me, eventhough I find eyes to be interesting (and I sometimes think of Optometry as a back up).

Archived