Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites 2012

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regrets, OOP. 4.0 GPA and a 12.2 MCAT.

Pretty shocked right now, I also have 5 years rural work experience, since my stats are the same as the accepted averages I seriously don't know what happened. Can't wait to hear what the OOP pool stats were this cycle, they must have been ridiculous. Hackintosh, sorry to hear the news, I remember chatting with you and thinking you had a good shot for an interview.

Just wondering, for those with an interview, how do you know what your GPA is? It doesn't say on my email. :confused:

At the very least, MY letter didn't have my stats on it. I just know them. If you go to the UManitoba Medicine admissions page, there's an applicant info package that has information on how to calculate this stuff, though.

Pretty shocked right now, I also have 5 years rural work experience, since my stats are the same as the accepted averages I seriously don't know what happened. Can't wait to hear what the OOP pool stats were this cycle, they must have been ridiculous. Hackintosh, sorry to hear the news, I remember chatting with you and thinking you had a good shot for an interview.

The OOP category seems ridiculously competitive this year. It's actually a little freaky. I'm IP, and don't have stats that would be competitive with any of the people who listed here.

Kinda glad I'm IP this year. Good luck to everyone else who got the letters!

The OOP category seems ridiculously competitive this year. It's actually a little freaky. I'm IP, and don't have stats that would be competitive with any of the people who listed here.

Kinda glad I'm IP this year. Good luck to everyone else who got the letters!

Just out of curiosity, how are you considered IP this year?

I feel the same way as you. UofManitoba was the only school I was hopeful about this year. Its back to waiting for me to see if I win the Mac or UWO lottery.

At the very least, MY letter didn't have my stats on it. I just know them. If you go to the UManitoba Medicine admissions page, there's an applicant info package that has information on how to calculate this stuff, though.

Conversions can be found on a ~40 page pdf file called "application manual" or something like that.

Does anyone know if UofM provides feedback after they reject you?

Conversions can be found on a ~40 page pdf file called "application manual" or something like that.

Does anyone know if UofM provides feedback after they reject you?

Information For Non-admitted Applicants

Our office received more than 900 applications for the 2011 - 2012 application cycle for 110 places in the Class of 2015. This was highly competitive and there are many applicants who were disappointed at not being extended an invitation for admission.

The Administrator will meet with non-admitted applicants in the month of July for feedback. Please send an email to ugadmit@cc.umanitoba.ca

Hey congrats Rewz,

We have similar stats. Do you have any rural exp. or pubs?

I don't have anything rural and I've done 1 year of research with no paper.

If they read my high school's name, they would see that I speak French. I haven't mentioned it anywhere explicitly though. And idk if being bilingual even gives any advantage to OOPs.

I'm seeing that it's 15% GPA, 40% MCAT and 45% MMI for the final rank. Does that mean that everything we wrote on our secondary is now history?

Archived