Premed 101 Forums

Are you a Yorkie Premed? (York Premed Discussion)

charmer08

Are you a Yorkie?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Yorkie?

• Yes
    • No

If courses that haven't yet started can be resumed by the 6th, they created a time line for it. If they cannot, then those courses will have to be resumed during the S1 term (with appropriate consideration for students who cannot take summer classes, or those who need grades before S1).

Also, if you've completed 50% or more of the course work in a course, you can request that your grade be based on work completed.

LOL

If courses that haven't yet started can be resumed by the 6th, they created a time line for it. If they cannot, then those courses will have to be resumed during the S1 term (with appropriate consideration for students who cannot take summer classes, or those who need grades before S1).

Also, if you've completed 50% or more of the course work in a course, you can request that your grade be based on work completed.

LOL

Interesting!  In the Faculty of Arts & Sciences and UofT, they are going to let undergraduates choose whether they want their actual numerical grade, a letter grade (ie. A, B, C) or simply credit/no credit for the courses that have been disrupted by the strike.  Of course, not all courses have been affected, as those not taught by sessionals or TAs are still running, although some have had to modify the evaluation since there aren't TAs to mark exams and assignments.  There's this whole debate about academic integrity going on, since the evaluation methods for some courses have been changed.  Some strong arguments on both sides of the issue.  It's been interesting to see the differences between York and UofT with these strikes.

Thankfully none of my courses have been affected by the UofT strike, and I haven't had to cross a picket line yet (although I've heard and seen the picketers, I just haven't had to go to the buildings or locations where they've been picketing).

Interesting!  In the Faculty of Arts & Sciences and UofT, they are going to let undergraduates choose whether they want their actual numerical grade, a letter grade (ie. A, B, C) or simply credit/no credit for the courses that have been disrupted by the strike.  Of course, not all courses have been affected, as those not taught by sessionals or TAs are still running, although some have had to modify the evaluation since there aren't TAs to mark exams and assignments.  There's this whole debate about academic integrity going on, since the evaluation methods for some courses have been changed.  Some strong arguments on both sides of the issue.  It's been interesting to see the differences between York and UofT with these strikes.

Thankfully none of my courses have been affected by the UofT strike, and I haven't had to cross a picket line yet (although I've heard and seen the picketers, I just haven't had to go to the buildings or locations where they've been picketing).

From my perspective, if I have over 90% (threshold for 4.0 at York), it would be silly for me to write final exams. I'm surprised they're doing this for courses that have restarted. I think the major difference between policies is down to York students having the right to respect picket lines without facing academic penalty.