• 100_110
    • 110-120
    • 120-130
    • 130-135
    • 135-140
    • 140-145
    • 145-150
    • >150

I did not follow that. Guess my IQ is under 150.

...how are there 9 people on here with an IQ over 150?! wtf, even muse is below that.

Because they are lying.

Muse is giving his average IQ. It's weighed down by math and perceptual ability

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just a funny thought..

Apparently 85% of respondents to this poll are in the top 2 percent of IQ's (ie: 130+).. Interesting. (I conclude that either we are all geniuses on this forum' date=' or some people lied to make themselves feel good.. lol)

IQ is just a measure of how well you did on the test compared to the general population (kinda like the MCAT).. There really is no concrete non subjective way to measure intelligence because people are have abilities in so many different aspects of life that it is really meaningless to compare them.

Anyways for good measure IQ tests are normalized to 100 and a made so 50%of all respondents fall between 90 and 110.. so most of us are average.. lol.

I really don't care a for IQ tests to be honest, it is a waste of time.[/quote']

The average person doesn't even go to university, let alone ever have hopes of becoming anything even close to a doctor.

I don't know my IQ, I easily got through gifted testing and the minimum requirement was the 98th percentile.

You're taking dumb to a whole new level tehn. I don't see how someone can't understand "Going to school is good for you". In this society, we put so much effort into education that it's not about "being dumb" and not understanding the value of education. That's bullocks. What kind of dumb would that have to be? The kind where they're running into walls for no good reason and laughing like jesters after? Come on, get real.

They're also ungrateful. Handed all this great stuff, and yet, would rather do nothing with their lives. You don't have to be smart to be grateful when someone hands you 100 dollars and says "Go do whatever you want with it". I think even a handicapped person could be like "hmm, this is good, I shoud do this". These people are handed money essentially, and yet they still don't take advantage of it. There are other people from other countries who are equally "dumb" or "smart" to these people who take full advantage of the system in a positive way. They go to school, get educations and get on the right track. The ones who are born here are absolute idiots in my opinion. You see very few immigrants who don't understand the value of education, but you sure as heck see a lot of whiney little snots born here who say things like "I hate math, what's math going to do for me" instead of just doin the work and getting a good grade.

We have an incredibly saturated economy in Canada (only certain jobs and certain places still have solid markets) and much much worse in the US. If more people got higher education, there wouldn't be any available jobs for them...

Haha, all of these tests are bull****, I had a neuro-visual problem for 3 years and my linguistic and musical skills went through the roof while my visuo-spatial skills tanked.

Apparently,

all you need is an IQ of 110 to have enough intelligence to pursue doctoral degrees (including MDs).

Also, if we're talking about accomplishments whether academic or financial, IQ doesn't indicate anything (i.e. a business-savvy entrepreneur).

Apparently,

all you need is an IQ of 110 to have enough intelligence to pursue doctoral degrees (including MDs).

Also, if we're talking about accomplishments whether academic or financial, IQ doesn't indicate anything (i.e. a business-savvy entrepreneur).

I would say a bit higher than that to become a decent one, and you'll probably need to be in the >95th percentile to be a very good doctor. Just realistically anyway.

Also I mean what you know, but a person of average intelligence will not do anything special in their life. People often mistake what it truly means to be average. It doesn't mean getting an 80 average in high school or just getting a degree.... the average person by definition would be someone who barely passes grade 10 math and does not attend university (and if they do, they go on probation or are in an extremely easy program and barely pass through). In other words, to get a better idea of what "average" is, check out class averages in grade 9 and 10 math (if you remember), then the people with marks around those are your average people. Of course not in all cases, but a large majority of them.

Good judgment and common sense of those uneducated with acerage intellegence far outweighs supposedly more intelligent people with higher intelligence. My IQ test showed me to be a person of below average intelligence, so I guess you don't want me as your physician. :P People of average intelligence do great things in their life. Don't be an elitiest or arrogant, humility and acceptance goes a long way in this world. :)

Also I mean what you know, but a person of average intelligence will not do anything special in their life. People often mistake what it truly means to be average. It doesn't mean getting an 80 average in high school or just getting a degree.... the average person by definition would be someone who barely passes grade 10 math and does not attend university (and if they do, they go on probation or are in an extremely easy program and barely pass through). In other words, to get a better idea of what "average" is, check out class averages in grade 9 and 10 math (if you remember), then the people with marks around those are your average people. Of course not in all cases, but a large majority of them.

Really? Because my grade 10 math mark was somewhere around 70, just a bit above class average. I got kicked out of class at least once a week because all I would do was talk, and I would often walk into class and not know that we had a test. My IQ was never lower than 110, or the 95th precentile for that matter... I just didn't give a ****, had no motivation or any idea of what I wanted to do with my life. Same goes for every class (except for bio, loved + aced that s**t) up until grade 12, where my average jumped by a good 17% because I made decisions about life and accepted that I'd have to suffer through random crap to get to that goal.

You make ridiculous assumptions- the smartest, most logical person I know cannot solve an equation if her life depended on it. Her GPA is close to 4 and she's probably going to be a lawyer.

You have to stop thinking you're right about everything, no matter how smart you may be most people on this forum are much older than you (us) and have a lot more experience in every aspect, your speculations cannot beat their wisedom (search Fluid vs crystallized intelligence)

If anecdotal evidence is what you base your assumptions on, then everyone else's anecdotal evidence >> your's

Really? Because my grade 10 math mark was somewhere around 70, just a bit above class average. I got kicked out of class at least once a week because all I would do was talk, and I would often walk into class and not know that we had a test. My IQ was never lower than 110, or the 95th precentile for that matter... I just didn't give a ****, had no motivation or any idea of what I wanted to do with my life. Same goes for every class (except for bio, loved + aced that s**t) up until grade 12, where my average jumped by a good 17% because I made decisions about life and accepted that I'd have to suffer through random crap to get to that goal.

You make ridiculous assumptions- the smartest, most logical person I know cannot solve an equation if her life depended on it. Her GPA is close to 4 and she's probably going to be a lawyer.

You have to stop thinking you're right about everything, no matter how smart you may be most people on this forum are much older than you (us) and have a lot more experience in every aspect, your speculations cannot beat their wisedom (search Fluid vs crystallized intelligence)

If anecdotal evidence is what you base your assumptions on, then everyone else's anecdotal evidence >> your's

Geez dude, did you read the part where I said "majority of the time" meaning there are quite a few people like you... and like me? I finished in the low 60s in grade 9 and grade 10 math, I never opened a textbook except when I wanted to pretend to be working. I then got 91 in grade 11 math and went onto finish grade 12 calculus with a 97. But me (and you) are a small minority. My high school was huge, and most people I knew with 50s and 60s couldn't even get into uni. Not to mention lots of people were in applied math..lolz and im not even including them.

My entire point was to make an example to show that the word "average" is thrown around too easily when the average person can't even get into university. I don't know what youre even saying exactly lolz herpderp

Geez dude, did you read the part where I said "majority of the time" meaning there are quite a few people like you... and like me? I finished in the low 60s in grade 9 and grade 10 math, I never opened a textbook except when I wanted to pretend to be working. I then got 91 in grade 11 math and went onto finish grade 12 calculus with a 97. But me (and you) are a small minority. My high school was huge, and most people I knew with 50s and 60s couldn't even get into uni. Not to mention lots of people were in applied math..lolz and im not even including them.

My entire point was to make an example to show that the word "average" is thrown around too easily when the average person can't even get into university. I don't know what youre even saying exactly lolz herpderp

You're average.

Just took it too and got 137 and 99th percentile. Not sure I buy that at all. It really means nothing anyways.

Well it doesn't even ask for your age or gender... not saying those things are major factors but that kind of makes a test lose its credibility. Oh and it's online and free lolz.

Well it doesn't even ask for your age or gender... not saying those things are major factors but that kind of makes a test lose its credibility. Oh and it's online and free lolz.

Actually they do ask at the end. My theory is they will throw out an inflated score thinking you will be more inclined to purchase their "detailed results" at the end. Anyways, it's just a number at the end of the day.

**** the OP.. i have a 97 IQ (which for some ****ing reason isn't part of the poll) and this thread just killed all my self esteem :( guess i'm changing to humanities.

Don't let it discourage you. What counts is good academics, a well adjusted life and the proper personality to practice medicine.

If you do well in sciences, don't switch to humanities. Their classes are easier to pass, but it is much harder to get an A+.

Archived