• 130-135
    • 135-140
    • 140-145
    • 145-150
    • >150

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i concur... "inteligence" is too nebulous and esoteric to measure, iq tests are more skill tests i'd trust qEEG or fMRI more for an "objective" answer to something like this, since it gives more insight to process rather than result (which can are effected by multiple interacting variables (are you motivated, what's your native tongue, how much education have you had, how's your diet, social supports, is your limbic system interfering with your cognition and on and on and on) not related to whatever intelligence is supposed to be, anyways). how do we measure spatial intelligence in people who grow up in dense rain forrests, they actually develop a different sense of depth perception than us, ditto with exposing cats to only vertical or horizontal visual stimuli, there are profound effects in spatial cognition.

I love this quote from Stephen Hawking: "People who boast about their I.Q. are losers."

i got a 1200 dollar assesment paid for, thats where i got my number, i took mensa when i was young, and it was similar... reliability doesn't mean construct validity though.

Perhaps have a standardized way of testing this? I used to do a lot of tests online and each gave me a different score.. Need a link to a test that all of us can do and then you would get good data.

i got a 1200 dollar assesment paid for, thats where i got my number, i took mensa when i was young, and it was similar... reliability doesn't mean construct validity though.

I had an assessment as well, but they gave me a range instead of a single value. That was quite a few years ago, I wonder if it's changed since then?

MMIs are a far better measure of intelligence/adaptability in life.

I know some highly intelligent people who would score high on IQ tests who lack totally in common sense and good judgment. They pose a danger to their clients as with all their expertise they give incredibly poor advice that clients follow.

Fun fact of the day: Alfred Binet, who developed the first IQ test, didn't believe that intelligence was a measurable fixed quantity and actually intended for the test to be used to identify kids who needed extra help in school and then to get them the help they needed to catch up with their peers.

Just a funny thought..

Apparently 85% of respondents to this poll are in the top 2 percent of IQ's (ie: 130+).. Interesting. (I conclude that either we are all geniuses on this forum, or some people lied to make themselves feel good.. lol)

IQ is just a measure of how well you did on the test compared to the general population (kinda like the MCAT).. There really is no concrete non subjective way to measure intelligence because people are have abilities in so many different aspects of life that it is really meaningless to compare them.

Anyways for good measure IQ tests are normalized to 100 and a made so 50%of all respondents fall between 90 and 110.. so most of us are average.. lol.

I really don't care a for IQ tests to be honest, it is a waste of time.

Just a funny thought..

Anyways for good measure IQ tests are normalized to 100 and a made so 50%of all respondents fall between 90 and 110.. so most of us are average.. lol.

I really don't care a for IQ tests to be honest' date=' it is a waste of time.[/quote']

There is no way in hell that there are 5 people with IQs of 150+, 0.09% of the population has an IQ of over 150

If your I.Q. is two full standard deviations above average, standard I.Q. tests are inaccurate and a special test for the gifted has to be taken. I had my I.Q. tested several times by Mensa, the military and by a psychologist doing research using the standard I.Q. tests and my results fluctuated between 147(possible) and 176 (improbable)! Hardly accurate measurements. Another, harder test measured it at 157. So, if your I.Q. has been measured at over 132 (98th percentile), you should use the other test for more precision.

Years ago my IQ result was lower than 100 and I have always been an over-achiever. I laughed when I got the result that I considered a joke. Life tests me and I go by these results. :)

The I.Q. test cannot measure all aspects of intelligence and success and achievement require many different factor, such as hard work, common sense, people skills, emotional intelligence, creativity, even the rest of the intellect not measured by I.Q. tests or even any test. We still have to come up with a proper definition of intelligence and must realise that many people with high I.Q.s have low paying jobs or low drive. I remember reading I.Q. distribution of professional (I believe it was law) Harvard students. Some of them had below average I.Q.s, yet nobody can say they were not bright or call them under-achievers.

There's a test from Cambridge you can download online. It's on 4shared.com I think. It's called Cambridge IQ test specifically.

Another good one is iqtest.dk. It's purely pattern recognition but still difficult.

Edit: Cambridge one might be a little old, but you can extrapolate your scores to modern standards I guess.

Archived