Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites 2011-2012

Wow, if that happens it would be really good for society (more physicians = better health care accessibility) But, job outlook won't look that bright in the future... as well, with the increasing physicians either taxes will rise or physician salaries will drop and I'm pretty sure it would be the latter... hahaha, the people in medicine for the wrong reasons will definitely find that enjoyable... hahahahaha

Definitely, Saskatchewan needs more physicians, especially in rural areas. But an increase in number of seats might not necessarily cause an increase in the supply of physicians in Saskatchewan as most of MD graduate leave and move out of Saskatchewan after receiving their MD degree, which is quite unfortunate. I read about that in a report, published in the College of Medicine.

Problem solved by increasing the amount of resources and mentors ;) (Tuition may go higher up though)

Tuition fees is expected to increase, probably as high as $16,576 by 2015/2016! This document has information about the allocation of resources and provides information on the integrated plant for College of Medicine. You might find it helpful!

http://www.medicine.usask.ca/leadership/integrated-plan/2012%20-%202016%20Integrated%20Plan%20for%20the%20College%20of%20Medicine%20and%20School%20of%20Physical%20Therapy.pdf

P.S. how are guys preparing for interview?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$16000 :eek: Someone mind explaining how some universities (Scottish, Irish...) universities can afford to charge their students with such low tuition fees while in Canada a financial barrier is continuing to be expanded? :confused:

Oh, preparing... well at this point you should really be prepared and be prepping! For preparation, I read doing right and have a solid basis for healthcare... so far, not having any problems with prep-questions. (And did well on the mock-mmi) :cool:

$16000 :eek: Someone mind explaining how some universities (Scottish, Irish...) universities can afford to charge their students with such low tuition fees while in Canada a financial barrier is continuing to be expanded? :confused:

Oh, preparing... well at this point you should really be prepared and be prepping! For preparation, I read doing right and have a solid basis for healthcare... so far, not having any problems with prep-questions. (And did well on the mock-mmi) :cool:

Yup, I read that too...its insane how quickly time is passing!

Wow, if that happens it would be really good for society (more physicians = better health care accessibility) But, job outlook won't look that bright in the future... as well, with the increasing physicians either taxes will rise or physician salaries will drop and I'm pretty sure it would be the latter... hahaha, the people in medicine for the wrong reasons will definitely find that enjoyable... hahahahaha

what i am afraid of is unemployment, i dont really mind the salary coz im from a well-off family. I could work for only 40 grand a year if jobs are really that limited.

you are correct, as a current med student, me and a few of my peers are quite scared of the possibility of being unemployed after residency :( oh well glad I finished my BScN.

I am not trying to discourage anyone but I would like everyone to know what you are getting into before you commit yourself to 6+ years of study.

Believe it or not, med students were actually against the increase of seats to 100 because they barely have the resources and mentors for my class what more if you add 16 more students!

you have a BScN? wow thats amazing first a nurse then a doctor. Are you finding medical school really easy since you are a nurse? wait, are you registered?

Archived